Senior Architectural Technician
Architectural Technician / Technologist, Manchester
- Full Time (40 hrs pw, Monday to Friday)
- We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located in Didsbury and soon to be moving to the City Centre
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s award winning Manchester office is searching for an Architectural Technician / Technologist to join the team. We are keen to engage with high calibre architectural talent that will enjoy the support of a successful organisation and experienced colleagues.
Your role will be to provide technical support, developing and coordinating the detailed design & construction phases of projects of varying size, delivering high quality technical solutions, leading elements of large projects and running small projects independently. You will produce accurate design and technical information using Revit software ensuring consistent and accurate use of agreed BIM standards, management of specifications, drawing packages and technical detailing. Site delivery experience is essential and an ability to communicate to enable seamless on site delivery and response to day to day challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality monitoring and coordination of drawing information with regular programme reviews, use and knowledge of office standards, awareness of health & safety and building legislation requirements
- Effective time and resources management
- Work in all aspects of projects: detailed design development through to project completion
- Lead elements of large / complex projects or small projects independently, working with / without a team.
- Resolve complex technical and detailed design issues
- Maintain the project documentation, drawings and specifications
- Conduct on-site inspections and document site reviews
- Process change control requests during construction and address RFI’s
- Understand and adhere to procedures including quality management, office standards and health & safety
- Promotes the use and continuous development of appropriate systems, procedures and protocols
- Supporting the project team with input to programming, resourcing and financial reviews
- Monitor and co-ordinate drawing information with regular technical and programme reviews
- Work collaboratively with the team and support junior members of staff
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recognised architectural technology qualification / degree - ideally CIAT accredited
- Experience of working on larger projects as part of a team and day to day technical leadership
- Exemplary Revit ability and experience of complex BIM level 2 projects essential
- Evidence of good quality Revit output, technical knowledge of building detailing and construction
- Strong knowledge of building regulations, design standards and best practice
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Healthcare experience advantageous but not essential
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.