4 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Architect with a minimum of 5-7 years post part III experience ideally across a range of listed and contemporary buildings.
We are a growing London-based practice, with a team of hands-on Partners and skilled Architects. You will be supporting the team on projects including residential extensions; refurbishments; modern new-builds, as well as repair projects; conservation of churches and heritage-at-risk buildings, a number of which are Grade I listed. This role requires taking responsibility for projects from start to finish, including preparing drawings and specifications, working collaboratively with a Partner. For some projects, you will be required to liaise directly with clients, consultants and contractors; on other projects, you will be asked to work collaboratively in an in-house team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on numerous projects from inception to completion RIBA stages 0-7
- Preparing designs and submission for planning approval, listed building consent or CofE faculty
- Ensuring CDM requirements are satisfied
- Preparing detailed working drawings and designs; site inspections
- Keeping up to date with the latest statutory building regulations
- Ensure the running of the project is kept within the financial goal and deadlines
- Working alone and within small teams as projects require
- Reporting to the Partners on project progress
- Some projects are out of London and will require travel.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III Qualified, ARB registered, Architect with 5-7 years’ UK experience
- Experience of working on historic buildings
- Experience of working on contemporary buildings/ new builds
- A conservation qualification would be welcome
- Experience of working through a variety of RIBA stages
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach and experience with detailing
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- Experience of working on historic buildings, preparing heritage reports, including condition reports, heritage impact statements, statements of significance, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Vectorworks would be advantageous
- applicant must be based in the UK and be able to show evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
- a driving license is advantageous
Our office is located inside the vibrant Grade I listed Union Chapel, very close to Highbury & Islington tube station. We are a family friendly practice and are fully set up for remote working and can discuss flexible working hours if this is suitable.
We regret that due to the number of applications we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
No agencies please.
Salary Guide: £35,000 to £42,000, or negotiated depending upon experience.
Apply for Architect’
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly