Part 3 ARB registered project architect at JaK Studio
Studio 3b, 39 – 40 Westpoint, Warple Way, London W3 0RG
This is a full-time role. It will be a combination of 2 days studio-based work & flexible remote work (with additional time allowed for site visits, client briefings & meetings as required). Our office hours are 9.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.
JaK Studio is seeking a project architect to join its team in Shepherds Bush/Acton, London to work primarily on a luxury hotel refurbishment & a new-build commercial warehouse, as well as several smaller projects. Small practice background with 5+ years post-Part 3, client facing experience is ideal. You must be self-motivated, organised & able to work independently. You should be confident with client liaison, corresponding with local authorities and running projects ranging in budgets from £150k to £2m. JaK Studio is a small practice so your role will be varied and you should be comfortable working across several different projects at any one time. A positive attitude & friendly demeanour are essential!
We are a small, design-led practice of architects and designers based in London and Sarajevo. Our work is bound together by ambitious ideas and progressive concepts regardless of project size. We aim for excellence in design. We have both won and been shortlisted for numerous awards including RIBA, FX, Blueprint, Design Week, Surface & Archdaily. Our projects range in scale from micro architecture, high-end residential, retail, large scale housing and commercial warehouses in the UK, to marketing suites and masterplans in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. We are a friendly, creative team, passionate about architecture and design.
• Meet new clients, take a full brief & estimate project resourcing requirements
• Work on design concepts with our design director & develop these by overseeing & co-ordinating a small team of junior architects & visualizers to produce very high standard feasibility presentations, and subsequent planning, building control, tender and construction drawing packages
• Co-ordinate our architectural information with design team consultants including structural engineer, party wall surveyor, M&E, heritage and sustainability etc consultants, including technically reviewing drawings by other consultants
• Prepare & submit planning applications including writing Design & Access statements
• Liaise successfully with local authorities including planning officers and approved building control inspectors
• Site supervision and contract administration including issuing interim certificates and valuations
• Organise and manage project administration and drawings/documentation
Skills & Technical abilities
• VectorWorks or Autocad 2D proficiency essential
• Proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Excellent written & spoken English
• Strong technical skills/detailing experience
• Excellent knowledge of building regulations
JaK Studio Culture, Values & Work Ethic
JaK Studio has a set of values & work ethics that form the basis of our company culture. We expect our team to adopt and practice these at all times:
• Honesty and integrity
• Respect and empathy toward all team members
• Ability to accept constructive criticism & work proactively to find a solution
• Being organised & efficient with time management, completing tasks on time
• Planning ahead & anticipating future workloads
• Remaining calm & professional in difficult situations & see it as a problem-solving opportunity
• Showing initiative & being pro-active
• Investing time in self-development & learning both inside & outside of work
JaK Studio offers:
• Good salary based on experience
• Beautiful, portfolio-worthy projects with award-winning aspirations
• Opportunities to work independently & lead your own projects
• A varied workload
• Working directly alongside & learning from practice directors
• Friendly & social studio environment
• Flexible working arrangements
• Professional memberships paid
• Regular CPD sessions (average 2/3 sessions per month)
• Cycle to work scheme
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Please submit the below via the ‘apply’ link below.
• A short cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a good fit at JaK Studio
• In your cover letter, please tell us which is your favourite building
• Your salary expectations & your earliest start date
• A digital CV/summary portfolio (maximum ten pages & 5MB)
• Contact details of two referees. Referees will only be contacted by agreement
• Proof of the right to work in the UK
• Candidates are advised to review the job requirements carefully before applying as we are only considering applicants with relevant skillsets for the role
JaK Studio are an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
The interview process will be as follows:
• Step 1 We will contact you to let you know if you have passed the initial screening
• Step 2 You will be invited to leave an audio recording
• Step 3 We will be invited to attend a group interview where you can ask us questions about the company and the role
• Step 4 Face to Face interview in person
Please submit your CV no later than Friday 21st May 2021. First round of interviews will start w/c Monday 24th May 2021. The proposed start date will be in June/July 2021.