RIBA EAST Practice of the month May 2021 Atelier Architecture & Design (AA+D) is seeking a senior architect to join its team in Tring.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who can work in a small team and deliver several exciting projects from Stage 0-7. We require initiative, vision and a sound technical knowledge. It would be best if you had a general passion for architecture and business, as this post will offer opportunities at a broader business development level.
Role: senior architect – min 2-3 years post-Part 3, leading various RIBA stages
Responsible to: director
Location: Tring, Hertfordshire
Start date: as soon as possible
AA+D are an award-winning practise specialising in designing and delivering innovative, sustainable buildings that encourage a better balance between nature and the built world. We are highly regarded by clients and industry for our vision and commitment in rural architecture and social housing achieving planning on awkward or sensitive sites, creating exceptional buildings in outstanding landscapes, enhancing local context and designing beautiful bespoke interiors.
- work on multiple projects across all RIBA stages.
- work with a small team of architects and assistants, allocating work and resources to maintain an efficient way of working.
- liaise with clients, consultants and contractors, nurturing existing and developing new relationships
- manage multiple projects on-site under JCT and RIBA contracts
- working with the director to pitch for and secure new projects
- help with general marketing and company branding strategies, including competition and award entries
Experience and knowledge:
- 2-3 years or more post qualification with proven experience of delivering similar projects in scale and complexity
- understanding general sustainable design principals; passivhaus (a bonus)
- confident user of Autocad, Revit with experience, Photoshop, Indesign, Sketchup. BIM and NBS also advantageous.
- be able to deliver projects managing time, cost and internal resources
- confident understanding of UK planning and building regulations
- creative and discerning
- highly organised, with the ability to prioritise both the design teams and your own internal team’s work to meet deadlines
- excellent communicator of complex issues; verbally, in writing, through drawings and models, to different audiences
- developer of creative solutions such that the interests of various stakeholders are appropriately addressed
- hand draw communication in plans and details confidently in design discussions
- competitive salary
- workplace pension
- CPD training (formal and informal)
- weekly social (post Covid)
How to apply
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com with the following:
- cover letter explaining how you meet all the criteria for the post and why you want to work for AA+D
- CV detailing previous experience and qualifications
- portfolio showing examples of relevant projects (PDF format, no larger than 10MB)
We will only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
We only accept direct applications, no recruitment agencies please.
Atelier Architecture & Design is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Senior Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly