Le Lay Architects is an established heritage architecture practice with a long-held reputation for good design in sensitive historic contexts. Le Lay Architects actively supports research in architecture and the arts and is a leading practice in sustainability, health, and wellbeing. Through our association with The Foundry Gallery, we explore relationships between art and architecture.
We are currently working on high-end residential, church reordering and conservation projects. Our work frequently includes Victorian and Georgian architecture, listed buildings and conservation areas.
Le Lay Architects has a vacancy for a qualified architect to join our small team in Chelsea, London. This position is on a 13-month contract to cover a period of maternity leave. We are looking for a candidate with 2 to 5 years’ experience post part III qualification and a strong enthusiasm for historic buildings and architectural history. You will be able to show exceptional organisation skills, be self-motivated and be keen to build on your skills and experience.
Prospective candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong research skills and architectural history knowledge.
- An ability to manage projects and collaborate with other designers, consultants, and contractors.
- Good design, drawing and CAD skills.
- An understanding of planning listed building and building control procedure.
- Knowledge of building conservation practice and philosophy.
- Confident written and verbal communication skills.
- Building survey and site inspection experience.
- An ability to prepare supporting written documentation, specifications, and schedules.
- Proven UK residential experience.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a flexible working environment.
Applications for either full-time or part-time employment will be considered.
Please send a CV and examples of your project work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Alvarine Coulton. If you would like to find out more about us please visit our website at www.lelay.co.uk
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly