We are looking for a talented RIBA Senior Architect Part III with at least 10 years UK experience with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead on running the practice. Applicants must have UK and London based experience, with experience in high-end residential projects, one off houses for private clients.
We started XUL with the Vision of
Designing beautiful buildings that use ingenious ways of bringing natural light to architecture while changing how architectural services are delivered.
- Manage the team of 5 to 10 people including outsourcing
- Work as MD’s right-hand person
- To deliver excellent projects
- Creating, developing and improving business procedures
- To develop and implement a strategy aimed at delivering an outstanding customer service, while being efficient and profitable
- To develop XUL’s reputation as an employer of choice and foster an environment of inspiration, motivation and continuous learning and development for all employees
- Improve the knowledge and skills of the team
The right person must be:
A people person. A charismatic communicator Great communications skills and fluent spoken and written English. Confident to deal with their team, as well as our lovely private and commercial clients, consultants, partners and networks. Great energy, positive, empathetic
Business savvy. Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and commercially switched on to understand the detail of project and business profitability.
Confidence, honesty, great communication, professional excellence, self-motivated, thirst for learning, creativity, can-do attitude, sense of ownership, common sense, consistency and clarity, positive attitude, kindness and respect.
- A skilled architect
- A creative designer able to run residential projects through all RIBA stages.
- Experience in London high-end residential (single family houses and small developments) and commercial projects.
- Strong AutoCAD skills essential. Revit advantageous as we would like to start using it in the near future
- Designing initial phases of all architectural projects
- Supervising Project Development throughout all stages
- Client relationship management
- Ensure client satisfaction at each stage of the project
- Submitting report of the project at on a regular basis to the client and team
- Keeping the client up to date at every step of the project, getting their approval for the next stage
- Manage team members and project’s KPIs
- Lead, manage and coach staff to support their development and progression
- Set objectives for employees ensuring that these are SMART
- Supervise the team and carry out regular design checks
- Coordinating the design team to organise all parts of the project. This is to include any local or outsourced team
- Ensure the team manage their time effectively so that the projects are profitable
- Running weekly team meetings
- Understanding of priorities both client’s and financials
- Implementing assessment tools for staff in trial period and afterwards, ensure accountability
- Responsibility for sourcing and appointing high calibre candidates
- Develop relationships with key people / companies to support the flow of quality candidates
- Ensure recruitment processes are robust and legally compliant
- Coordinate employees’ appraisals
How to apply
The next stage for us is to get to know you a little first and with this in mind we would like you to put together a five to ten minute video about yourself, answering the questions in bold below. This will give us an insight as to you as a person.
We can then organise a meeting to expand on the list below and answer any questions you might have.
Questions to be answered in the 5 to 10 minutes video for the candidate:
1. About You
- Do you have any big dreams? (they do not have to be work related, but they can be) long terms goals
- How do you evaluate success?
2. The Role
- What excites you about this role?
- How do you inspire and mentor people? How do you get the best out of people ?
- What do you think the best way is to motivate your team and how do you go about this?
Please send the video as well as your CV and a cover letter with reasons why you would like to join us and outline your salary expectations, along with a selection of your work as a PDF (no larger than 5MB and 15 pages) to:
WE WILL NOT REVIEW CVS AND PORTFOLIOS THAT COME WITHOUT VIDEO
Reference Riba, your name and position in the subject bar. We will be processing all data received according to general data protection regulations.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries