Planning Manager - London
Salary: c£50-£60k negotiable depending on experience, + benefits.
My Client is a private Land Promotor and Master Development company that actively invests in a wide range of property schemes across the UK, and is looking for a tenacious and commercially driven Planner to join their dynamic team in their London office.
This leading UK Land Promotor and its Planning team work across the residential, retail, office, industrial and mixed-use sectors, and over the past decade have become one of the largest single suppliers of consented land into the UK housebuilding industry with planning permission secured for more than 20 homes. They are also Master Developers, providing infrastructure to unlock new sites, as well as constructing industrial, office and residential properties.
My client is committed to perusing all endeavours with a focus on holding values at its core. Commitment to results, responsibility to stakeholders, the community and the environment, resilience to continue to evolve and innovate, and determination to continuously improve. If you are a Planning Manager who is looking for an exciting new experience, who has the scope and core competencies to commit and grow within this company, then this is the role for you. The criteria for the successful applicant are outlined as followed:
- Planning degree or equivalent postgraduate qualification.
- RTPI or RICS membership.
- 3-6 years (2-3 years post RTPI or RICS membership).
- Private-sector planning consultancy, housebuilder, or strategic land promotor experience.
- Private-sector planning consultancy, housebuilder, or strategic land promoter experience.
- Instructing and managing technical multi-disciplinary and legal teams.
- Promoting sites through emerging Local Plans, preparing, and submitting representations including attendance at Examinations in Public.
- Managing major planning applications and appeals including attendance at public inquiries.
- Negotiation with local planning authorities and consultees.
- Stakeholder engagement and community consultation.
- Good planning policy and process knowledge.
- Involvement in major residential, industrial, and mixed-use developments.
Skills and Attributes
- Committed and resilient.
- Results-focused with a drive to succeed.
- Team player and enjoys working collaboratively in a team.
- Capable of using initiative and taking responsibility.
- Organised and capable of working to strict deadlines and financial budgets.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good project and time management skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and travel regularly nationwide.
- Use of own car and valid driving licence.
So Why Apply?
My client is happy to offer the successful applicant a competitive starting salary and an impressive bonus scheme. This package includes private medical insurance, car allowance, flexible working, a long-term staff rewards plan, and a team and environment that is focused on career progression, growth, and passion for planning.
Interested? If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role, or if you would like to hear more information about this role and others in the Town Planning sector, please email your CV to Megan Field at Megan.Field@penguinrecruitment.co.uk, or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Planning Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly