Planning Manager - Leeds
Salary: c£40-£45k negotiable depending on experience, + benefits.
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting one of the leading strategic land promotors and master development companies in the UK in their search for a tenacious and commercially minded Planner to join their dynamic team in Leeds. My client is looking for a hard-working professional that possesses the following qualities:
- Planning degree or equivalent postgraduate qualification.
- RTPI or RICS membership.
- 3-6 years (2-3 years post RTPI or RICS membership).
- Private-sector planning consultancy, housebuilder, or strategic land promotor experience.
- Private-sector planning consultancy, housebuilder, or strategic land promoter experience.
- Instructing and managing technical multi-disciplinary and legal teams.
- Promoting sites through emerging Local Plans, preparing, and submitting representations including attendance at Examinations in Public.
- Managing major planning applications and appeals including attendance at public inquiries.
- Negotiation with local planning authorities and consultees.
- Stakeholder engagement and community consultation.
- Good planning policy and process knowledge.
- Involvement in major residential, industrial, and mixed-use developments.
Skills and Attributes
- Committed and resilient.
- Results-focused with a drive to succeed.
- Team player and enjoys working collaboratively in a team.
- Capable of using initiative and taking responsibility.
- Organised and capable of working to strict deadlines and financial budgets.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good project and time management skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and travel regularly nationwide.
- Use of own car and valid driving licence.
About the role:
My client is looking for a Planning Manager, to perform this role in a tradition sense. You will prepare town planning and new housing proposals in line with company strategy, obtain planning consent for proposals, Liaise with the planning team on the development of new site proposals, and keep up to date with planning regulations, policy and legislation. Additional skills that include experience in land acquisition, land appraisal, internal commercial work and sales is beneficial.
So why apply?
This is an outstanding client-side opportunity for a Planner who has the scope and core values of commitment, responsibility, resilience, and determination to grow exponentially within one of the leading companies in this sector. For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary and an impressive bonus scheme. This package includes private medical insurance, car allowance, flexible working, a long-term staff rewards plan, and a team and environment that is focused on career progression, growth, and passion for planning.
Interested? For applications, and more information on this role and similar role and opportunities in the Town Planning sector, please send your up-to-date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org - 01792 365 104.
Apply for Planning Manager - Leeds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly