Mclennan Architects are looking for an Architect (with 3+ years Part 3 experience) to join their growing team of architectural and interior designers in the delivery of design activities across our retail bank, National Framework projects and other architectural/design work.
The successful candidate will be engaged in all design stages within the company’s scope of service, working closely with the Architectural Director and other design team staff. They will design and deliver new and renovated spaces within a variety of sectors, including retail banking, commercial, residential, industrial and leisure. They will be expected to provide design team leadership in all project phases, from initial concept design and through the detailed development stage and assisting the delivery teams during the site delivery phase. They will also be expected to drive design excellence in the fields of sustainability and health and safety, ensuring that design risks are mitigated in the design process.
- Support the Architectural Director in delivering all RIBA stages and on-site works from inception to completion
- Assist the Architectural Director and Design Manager in developing and preparing reports for department and board meetings
- Provide design expertise throughout projects, from bidding and procurement through to manufacturing stages
- Design interior spaces, including permanent architectural details and temporary elements
- Assess and meet client requirements and desires through regular meetings and conferences
- Produce sketches, drawings, and floor plans to illustrate concepts and finished projects using computer-aided design (AutoCAD) and hand-drawings
- Create idea boards to communicate design concepts to clients
- Select design strategies and colour palettes to create cohesive and aesthetically pleasing environments
- Adhere to national and local building and safety codes with every design element
- Research concepts, materials and finishes to support the design team on technical issues influencing concept design development
- Work within project time schedules to coordinate the completion of staged task through to final project completion
- Conduct on-site visits and site observations and provide recommendations to ensure alignment with design specifications
- Undertake the Designer (CDM 2015) duties on behalf of the company and ensure the McLennan design team complies with the requirements of CDM 2015.
- Apply and reinforce all design standards
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Membership of governing body: ARB and RIBA
- Organised and proficient use of AutoCAD software including knowledge of Revit
- Thorough technical detailing skills
- Thorough understanding of UK regulations
- Effective time and daily task management
- On-site problem solving abilities
- Ability to produce final construction level resolution of information
- Excellent attention to design detail
- Ability to act competently, conscientiously and responsibly in accordance with your training and apply reasonable standards of skill, knowledge and care in the performance of work
- Thorough understanding of space and how it is used
- Ability to report clearly and accurately
- Excellent spoken, written and drawing communication skills (both hand and CAD)
Within this role of Architect you will gain an attractive salary, appealing company benefits and genuine career mentoring and progression.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to move to a team that values you and will continue to support your personal and professional development, please send a covering letter, CV and portfolio to:
Please state your salary expectations, any notice periods to be served and how you meet the criteria for the role.
Valuing People at the McLennan Partnership
The McLennan Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
One of our core values is to ‘Value People’. We are passionate about investing in people and genuinely take care about what we do and how we do it. This ensures that the working environment, staff, suppliers and the communities we serve always remain at the front-of-mind.
Put simply, a diverse and inclusive workforce opens our business up to a much wider talent pool and greater innovation and creativity through teams with different experiences, backgrounds and education.