Architect & Architectural Assistant
DCa architects is seeking an ARB Registered Architect and a Part 1 / 2 Architectural Assistant to join its expanding team.
Established for over 27 years, DCa is a design led RIBA Chartered practice, based in the market town of Olney, close to Milton Keynes, Northampton and Bedford: www.colesarchitects.co.uk.
The successful candidate would be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day delivery of our projects, reporting to a team leader or Associate Director. The role would suit a motivated individual who has good technical and management abilities as well as design flair, report writing and research skills. Good communication skills are essential. There will be an opportunity to further develop their skills in a challenging yet supportive environment.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D software packages and Adobe Creative Suite
- Practical experience within a UK practice with a minimum of 3 years for the qualified architect position and at least a year for the architectural assistant
- Exceptional design and presentation skills
- Excellent drawing and document management skills
- Experience in technical detailing and the preparation of tender documents
- Knowledge and understanding of UK Planning and Building Regulations
- Excellent command of office systems, e.g. Word, Excel
- Excellent communication, with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confidence to liaise with clients, consultants, local authorities and contractors
- Willingness to take on responsibilities
- Ambition to expand present skills and accept new challenges
The positions are initially for a 6 month temporary contract, to cover maternity leave, with the strong possibility of becoming permanent.
Competitive salary depending on experience. Health and pension scheme benefits available.
Please note that the office is currently operating in a remote home-working capacity. This will be reviewed in line with Government guidelines and we aim to return to the office as soon as we can.
We are an equal opportunities employer and support career growth and development.
Please send a covering letter, together with your CV and portfolio demonstrating the above skills to: email@example.com.
Apply for Architect & Architectural Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly