Residential Sr Designer and Technologist
5 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for Senior Architectural Designers and Technologists to join our growing Designer and Building Regulations teams. You will be instrumental in delivering quality, inspirational designs and technical packages for our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an award-winning, innovative, industry-changing company. Since our launch in 2017, we’ve gone on to become the largest residential architectural practice in the UK. In creating our step by step service, we’ve brought simplicity and great affordable design to the nation. This way, every homeowner can benefit from an architect’s expertise and as a part of our team, you’ll have the chance to directly feed into how our company grows.
Our project base covers the whole of the UK and includes a range of building types that we assist with transforming - these are typically internal renovations, extensions, loft conversions, basements and even new build developments!
We are nearly 100 people based in International House right at the heart of Brixton, South London. International House is the UK’s first Living Wage Building. Our office is both accessible and we are willing to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate successful candidates. This is not a remote role and you are expected to attend the office when social restrictions are released.
- Prepare and review existing architectural drawings
- Partner with Studio Lead on the client brief, creating detailed drawing packages ready to submit for planning
- Supporting Studio Lead on multiple projects and client communication
- Produce high quality technical drawing packages in accordance with the building regulations
- Be proactive and informative in your responses to clients, consultants and contractors
- Support your team, management and other parts of the company with new ideas and technical advice
Want to take this further? We are looking for individuals who have:
- CAD skills – Revit
- Creative designer with a strong eye for detail A good understanding of design and planning knowledge in the UK industry
- Technical/building regulations knowledge in the UK
- A solid understanding and passion for design
- 2+ years' experience within the residential sector in the UK
- Experience managing/ training a small team (beneficial)
- If you wish to include examples of your work, please include residential projects (i.e renovations, lofts, conversions, extensions, etc.)
What we can offer you -
- Salary up to £37K per annum
- Chance to work in a fresh and forward thinking work environment
- The opportunity to become an ‘expert’ in building regulations very quickly
- The opportunity for rapid progression within a growing tech startup
- On the job training, mentorship and coaching
- 30 days holiday
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Office perks
- The chance to make a real impact on an ever changing industry
- The opportunity to work in a team of like minded passionate individuals
- Learn from some of the best in the business - check out our glorious team here - https://resi.co.uk/about
For more information or to apply, please send us an up to date copy of your CV and portfolio, along with a few lines about why you would be an awesome addition to our team and if successful, someone will be in touch very soon!