Planner or Senior Planner | Leeds | National Consultancy
Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be working with a national, specialist planning & development consultancy on the hire of an experienced Planner / Senior Planner to join the busy team, based in central Leeds.
The role will be challenging, but highly rewarding. You will work alongside Directors to deliver expert planning advice and manage a varied project workload, including major residential, commercial and mixed use schemes. You will manage and build relationships with new and existing clients, enabling the business to continue to thrive and grow.
You will be responsible for preparing and submitting a cross-section of planning applications, appeals and pre-application enquiries, as well as local plan representations, sometimes with limited oversight. As part of your role, you may call upon and oversee the work of more junior members of the team.
You will be the first point of contact for project teams, local planning authority officers and other stakeholders, playing a leading role in client/project meetings and responsible for driving development forward and helping your clients achieve their development related objectives. You will also be a face of the business, representing them and their clients at public meetings and other events.
- RTPI accredited degree
- Eligible for Chartered membership of the RTPI (will ideally have achieved)
- Extensive planning experience across a range of sectors, with the ability to apply this in a consultancy environment (5-7 years ideal)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the planning process, including both development management and local plans
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record in working with clients and consultant teams
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior members of the team and business support staff
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very reputable company with long-standing clients and interesting projects. You will be rewarded with a strong salary and associated benefits package including a lucrative bonus scheme.
If you feel this role may be of interest, we would love to hear from you! Call Matt Fraser now on 07989 666 880 or email email@example.com. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.