Architect, Greater Manchester
Bluesky Architects are seeking a recently qualified architect to join our growing team.
Blue Sky Architectural Practice specialises new-build, refurbishment and modular solutions projects with a particular focus on the health, education, residential, blue light and specialist ballistic training facility sectors.
Our people are our biggest strength, which is why we want to continue to expand and invest in individuals and teams to create an organisation that our people are proud to be part of. We’re looking for high quality, skilled people who are passionate about doing a good job so that together, we can continue to deliver the highest standard of service to our partners. Due to numerous recent successes, we are looking to expand the team.
Reporting to a Director of Blue Sky Design Services, this role supports a range of building projects.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Working with RIBA Job Stages 0-7.
- To identify clients business cases, strategic briefs, and other core project requirements and advising the client on the practicality of their project.
- Develop project objectives, including quality objectives, project outcomes and project budgets.
- Develop project briefs, feasibility studies and reviews of site information.
- Prepare concept and developed designs including outline proposals for structural designs, building services systems, outline specifications and preliminary cost information along with relevant project strategies in accordance with design programme.
- Prepare technical designs to include all architectural, structural designs and building services information and specialist subcontractor design and specifications.
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
- Preparing tender applications and presentations.
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals.
- Preparing applications for planning and building control departments.
- All projects to be kept within financial budgets and deadlines.
- Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
Key Skill / Experience Requirements
- RIBA Part 3 qualified and ARB registered
- Strong project planning and organisation skills throughout all RIBA work stages
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good design skills
- Proficient Revit/BIM abilities are essential
Knowledge of Photoshop and Desktop publishing software
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A good team player who is willing to support the wider team
If you are a recently qualified architect with relevant experience in these areas, then please apply with your CV and an example of your design portfolio (max 4 pages)