Holland Harvey Architects' has a unique opportunity for an Associate to join its team in east London working on projects in both the UK and overseas. The role will work on a wide variety of projects within the hotel, hospitality, food and beverage and residential sectors with a strong focus on interior architecture.
Our studio was founded on the belief that architecture should make a positive social impact and we design characterful, thoughtful places that form the setting for everyday life.
Our approach is ethical, playful and pragmatic - we design with narrative to ensure that our work tells a story, in pursuit of quality and authenticity.
Our clients are aspirational and believe in design as a means to strengthen their brand and achieve their goals. Our strength is understanding the nature of their business and tailoring our approach to meet their needs.
We strive to provide a design experience that is engaging, enjoyable and allows informed decisions to be made.
Following a number of high profile commissions we are seeking an associate architect to assist the directors to:
- Drive design quality
- Promote the practice
- Provide creative direction
- Lead one of two design teams within the studio, comprised of Senior Architects, Architects and Architectural Assistants, on the design of projects in the UK and internationally
- Inspire your team to design aspirational projects that are both innovative and creative in their resolution
- Support the Directors with business development, ensuring both the nurturing of existing clients and seeking out new potential sources of work
- Assist in writing Fee Proposals using the project planning software CMAP
- Contribute to the Creative Direction of the studio
- Assist in key studio administration tasks such as resource management and invoicing
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients, ensuring exceptional communication
- Present work to clients in an inspiring, engaging, professional and creative manner
- Act as both manager and mentor to members of the team to promote a collaborative atmosphere
- Proactively develop high quality spatial, architectural and operational designs both independently and within the studio to meet the vision of the practice and client’s brief
- Prepare and review project programming and project delivering objectives
- Ensure your projects are fully resourced and project deadlines are met
- Support and assist the Senior Architects and Project Architects to achieve their objectives
- Ensure projects are delivered within the fee parameters, reporting back data where projects are at risk
- Drive exceptional quality in both graphical, technical and 3D output as well as the final built result
- Continuously looking for and actioning opportunities to increase efficiencies and improvements in operational and design terms across the practice
Skills and Experience;
- A UK qualified Architect with 10 years experience including 3 to 4 years experience within a management role
- Extensive experience in working on high end, interiors focused hospitality, F&B, 4-5 * hotel and residential projects both in the UK and Internationally of a construction value between £1- £20 Million
- Confident, organised and proactive
- An excellent designer, communicator with exceptional presentation skills
- Highly competent, experienced and passionate about technical detailing and the production of technical information
- Highly experienced in the delivery of projects on site including Contract Administration
- Highly experienced in the managing of external multidisciplinary consultants
- Highly experienced in producing exceptional concept design, visual and technical design output
- Adept and have experience at managing a large team of people to deliver multiple different projects simultaneously
- Excellent in Affinity Suite, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Vectorworks and Rhino or Sketchup
- Excellent English both written and verbal