Part 2 Architectural Assistants
We are looking for a Part 2 Architectural Assistants to join us and help deliver a number of exciting projects within our London studio. With a keen eye for detail and design the opportunities would suit those who are looking to be involved in all stages from inception through to completion on an array of projects within healthcare, retail / residential developments to conversions of historic buildings.
You will be qualified to Qualified at RIBA Part II level or equivalent.
A minimum of 2 years UK experience working on small - medium scale retail, residential or bespoke mixed-use projects.
Software Skills (required to advanced standard)
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit is essential
- A fluent user of AutoCAD,MS Office InDesign and photoshop
- Sketchup rendering packages of various types
- Microstation and Codebook
- Microsoft Access and Excel skills preferred.
- Have the confidence and ability to present and explain ideas
- Be proficient in managing to tight deadlines
- A strong design background and good technical ability, with experience on building control and UK design code knowledge
- Be able to develop partnerships with the other professions within BDP recognising and understanding their differing requirements
- You will be able to work effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia, North America and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, Canada and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 1000 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, profit share scheme, flexible pension allowance, travel allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, interviews will be conducted via video conferencing (via Teams) and depending on start date and government guidelines the role would begin working from home.
Please click on the ‘apply now’ button and complete the online registration form, please ensure that you include a copy of you CV and portfolio. Please include an indication of your salary expectations. Should you be specifically interested in working on historic projects, then please ensure that you state this in your cover note.
Direct link to the vacancy: https://careers.bdp.com/part-2-architectural-assistants/761/viewdetails
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.
NO AGENCIES or third party applications please.