Marjoram Architects are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Associate Architect to join our growing, ambitious, friendly and creative, RIBA chartered practice in south London.
We have a varied portfolio which includes individual houses and refurbishments, multi-unit housing developments, and commercial projects.
This unique role provides an opportunity to provide direct support to the Director and have autonomy in running multiple projects from inception through to completion.
The applicant will be client facing, have experience in leading small internal teams and be willing to drive forward projects, business development, and internal standards.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading projects from RIBA Stages 1 through to 6
- Able to work autonomously and lead internal and external teams
- Working alongside external consultants and coordinating the design process across multiple projects
- Providing direct support to the Director alongside mentoring other members of the team
- Being involved in all aspects of the project process including fee proposals, project programming, and project delivery
Required Skills & Experience
- A UK qualified Architect with a minimum of 5 years post Part III experience
- Experience working on bespoke small scale residential, single residences and multi-unit residential development schemes within the UK is preferred
- Be confident, organised and proactive
- Ability to adapt and work between different projects and project stages is essential
- Excellent design, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge and application of UK Building Regulations
- Excellent report writing skills and the ability to curate stage reports and produce planning design reports
- A passion for technical detailing and the production of technical information
- Site experience and contract administration experience is essential
- Experience of managing external multidisciplinary consultants
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD (3D Modelling and 2D drafting)
- Highly proficient in NBS specification writing
- Excellent in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Applications (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
- Excellent English, both written and verbal
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter with samples of your work (PDFs only, max 10 pages and not more than 5MB) including your availability and salary expectations to:
Apply for Associate Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly