ARCHITECT RIBA Part III - ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
ARCHITECT RIBA Part III - ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST – 2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Austin Design Works is a practice of Chartered Architects and Landscape Architects, based in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. We specialize in original, crafted and carefully-considered design responses to projects. The business has been established in the area for over 20 years. We are looking for a talented Architect as well as an Architectural Technologist to join our team ideally to start immediately.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced Part III Architect or have a degree in Architectural Technology or CIAT qualification and be able to demonstrable experience of leading projects in all stages including construction contract administration. They will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have the ability to deliver bespoke architectural projects throughout all work stages.
ADW provide a supportive environment in which to work, develop skills and experience and historically have provided good opportunities for promotion within the business. ADW is committed to addressing the Climate and Biodiversity Emergency and apply sustainable principles to all our projects across the private residential and commercial sectors. We are a rural practice with projects locally as well as throughout the Midlands and South West.
- Well organised, target focused and able to hit deadlines
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving ability
- The ability to create fee proposals (Architect position), working strictly within budgets
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to be able to quickly build rapport with our clients, consultants, contractors and planners
- Strong graphic skills, design and creativity
- In depth awareness and knowledge of UK building methods and standards with an affinity for sustainable and ecological construction and an interest in craftsmanship
- Demonstrable sound knowledge of the UK construction industry and its planning and legal framework
- Strong project planning and organisation skills throughout all RIBA work stages
- The ability to collate and organise technical building and design information from architects
- Excellent skills in CAD software and traditional drawing methods
- The ability to prepare specifications for construction work
- The ability to prepare drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
- Experience in obtaining tenders for construction work
- Experience in environmentally conscious construction methods as well as traditional and conservation architectural construction
- Confident use of the MS Office suite, Vectorworks/CAD and Adobe graphics programmes
- Genuine team player – willing to actively support colleagues in a small practice, to sometimes take a lead role and to contribute to our practice culture
- Experience of working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working across multiple sectors, including residential
- Experience in Project Management software
- Experience of working with BIM is welcomed
- Confidence in contract management
Both roles are fulltime positions. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Last date for applications is 26th February 2021. We would love to hear from you if you fulfil the above criteria. Please contact us for a full job description for either Architect or Technologist.
Please send the following details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV and Covering letter stating why you wish to work with us (including your current salary details) how your previous experience will enable you to successfully contribute to the practice and clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential and desirable requirements
- A brief portfolio max.10MB
Apply for ARCHITECT RIBA Part III - ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly