Masterplanner Role – Urban Designer / Architect (Leicester)
At Stephen George + Partners, we employ talented architects and technical staff who want to bring their talent and ambition on a diverse portfolio of exciting projects. An AJ100 architectural practice with an award-winning creative and technical team, Stephen George + Partners is all about quality, reliability and integrity. We respond rapidly to client requirements, applying technical expertise and commercial realism to resolve complex issue effectively and produce well-designed, innovative and deliverable buildings. The key to our success is that we have built long-term relationships with clients in both the private and public sectors. We believe that good architecture is built on strong relationships. At Stephen George + Partners, we work with clients and listen to their needs to deliver best design and deliver better buildings.
We are looking for an Architect / Urban Designers with a passion for design excellence, curious to learn, able to push the boundaries and have an ambition to succeed. This role will be direct project hands on experience working with our residential clients and contributing to a collaborative and vibrant multi-sector practice. We seek a driven individual who can demonstrate an interest in residential led masterplanning and a keen understanding of placemaking.
- An urban design background with an architectural degree or similar experience.
- A masters in urban design would be advantageous.
- 5 years professional experience working in a design focused practice or from a developer / housebuilder background.
- A working knowledge of current UK planning policy and the RIBA Work Stages.
- A keen interest in residential-led projects, and be able to present your work in this context.
- Experience of land promotion and strategic development planning.
- Ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects.
- Ability to understand, communicate and present contextual issues from surrounding large areas.
- Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept.
- A desire to keep up to date with developments in the field and to support the team in being at the leading edge of urban design.
- Outstanding graphic skills including hand drawings and diagrams, plans and images using Photoshop / Illustrator, ready to publish.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit to prepare 2D and 3D work, in addition to hand drawings.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Additional sustainability skills or qualifications are desirable, but not essential.
Revit capability is desired, although not essential, but Autocad experience is necessary. We can train you in Revit, though a proactive drive to bring yourself up to speed on the software will be expected.
If you are interested please send in your CV & Portfolio.