Creative Marketing Assistant
Provide marketing support to the Marketing Director and administration support to the marketing & commercial teams. Responsible for assisting the Marketing Director on all marketing activity for our print media, product promotional assets, content websites, salesforce org, social media and other online platforms, as well as helping to develop new commercial revenues. Assisting in content writing and graphic design to evolve and increase the value and performance of the Group’s brand, whilst developing further innovative online methods to evolve the Group marketing strategy.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the design, creation, and implementation of innovative and effective marketing assets (both digital and offline) and social media plans to drive awareness, engagement and conversions through customer acquisition and retention of the website content, including but not limited to social media, print advertising, CRM activity, product brochure assets and email marketing.
- Working with the Marketing Director to produce the Group social strategy and overseeing all social media activity including producing and posting content, managing customer service and communication campaigns, producing social media reports with insights and recommendations.
- Driving forward the Group’s PR strategy/coverage and manage influencer marketing activity whilst researching relevant specifiers/influencers activity to constructively write and design topical and varying PR content. Liaise with third parties on content changes/approvals.
- Assisting with developing and maintaining partnerships/relationships with relevant internal commercial teams, external companies, and influencers to facilitate cross promotional opportunities. Assisting the Marketing Director with the set-up and coordination of these campaigns & marketing partnerships with both internal and external parties. Supporting existing campaigns, whilst developing and promoting awareness of opportunities for both B2B and B2C markets.
- Building and writing newsletters and copy for other marketing emails.
- Editing short form video content to use across our social media platforms and websites i.e. award winners, sustainability achievements, product launches.
- Looking for new marketing opportunities for the Group, focusing on growing online proposition through websites, applications and the salesforce org, keeping abreast of activity within the marketplace (e.g. competitors, industry, algorithm updates, trends and new platforms), using this information to help influence the marketing plans and ensure competitive advantage.
- Writing creative briefs for any campaign asset requirements (static and motion) and liaising with internal commercials teams or third parties to create high-quality, engaging content, ensuring all content is approved by the relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out brand audits within the Group (of physical and digital assets) to ensure up to date and correct artwork is in use. Ensure brand guidelines are kept up to date, issued to third parties and instigated when buying, sourcing and manufacturing of products bearing the brand to ensure all aspects of the supply chain align with the brand standards and procedures.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications. Evaluating an ROI of differing assets whilst assisting the Marketing Director with administering the Marketing budget.
- Administrative support for the team; setting up systems, phone cover, updating information/databases/websites/asset content, processing invoices, managing the filing and deliveries of marketing equipment/media.
- Raising POs for marketing activity.
- Organising and maintaining the marketing creative asset library.
- Helping the Marketing Director with communication to customers/followers, replying to any queries and complaints.
- Updating the joint marketing/editorial calendar with all activity.
- To support other teams across the Group when needed.
- Champion the brand internally and ensure continuity of brand assets and dissemination of brand goals.
This Job Description is illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
It will be reviewed jointly between the post-holder and his/her manager from time to time and will be subject to modification as appropriate.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES FOR THE ROLE
Knowledge, experience & competencies:
- Experience in assisting a fast-paced marketing team, juggling a vast range of creative marketing assets.
- Experience of digital and content marketing.
- Experience of social campaign analysis including A/B testing.
- Experience of dealing confidently and professionally with customer queries and communications. Demonstrating experience of PR writing and campaign creation.
- Experience taking creative ideas from concept through to completion, designing, producing and delivering as well as recording target audience responses.
- Excellent graphic design skills, demonstrating outstanding proficiency/competence of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premier Pro), with Revit/CAD software experience preferable. With a strong creative outlook, you will demonstrate your talent for multimedia projects showing off your versatility of skills from layout, proportion, perspective, composition, colour theory, typography, print collaterals, art working skills, responsive landing page design and print production knowledge. Anticipate and solve potential design challenges, as well as existing conditions.
- Excellent IT skills, demonstrating great PC literacy with Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams). Salesforce, Mailchimp and Dropbox is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Refining process and systems to ensure efficient use of time.
- Excellent eye for attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent literacy skills.
- Highly self-motivated individual and creative thinker.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal confidently and positively with internal and external stakeholders, with people at all levels of seniority. Confident and dynamic personality with good presentation skills.
- A proven ability to analyse the success of a marketing initiative is also desirable.
- An understanding and appreciation of the target audience and brands and their respective markets would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills.
- Experience of working in the construction or architectural Industry would be advantageous.
- Experience and/or inherent interest/knowledge in sustainability would be preferable.
- Experience of CRM (salesforce) and Pardot software would be preferrable.
- Experience of working with WordPress/HTML/CSS would be advantageous.
Education & Experience
Marketing degree and relevant work experience required. A BA or BFA in Graphic Design or RIBA Part 1 in Architecture (or equivalent) is preferred.
The Marketing department at Michelmersh prides themselves on content, passion, and engagement. Encouraging a collaborative and dynamic culture for people to thrive and give their best whilst being supported, developed, and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment, and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programs, and clear sustainability strategies.
Apply for Creative Marketing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly