Architectural Assistant (Experienced Part I, Part II or equivalent)
- To prepare, develop and edit under the guidance of project lead, sketch and CAD drawings, physical and 3D models, images and other related design documents.
- To seek understanding of the design project and requirements of a project brief.
- To liaise with clients in a clear professional and engaging manner.
- Carry out administrative tasks relevant to production of architectural information.
- To develop, representations of design options at RIBA work-stages 1, 2, 3 & 4 for further discussion with the design team, project consultants and clients.
- To prepare existing and proposed 3D models and 2D drawings up to Planning.
- To assist Project Architect or Technician with drawings for Building Regulations.
- To prepare feasibility and concept design reports, working with varied media.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with dR&dR procedures and standards.
- To record evidence of your professional experience in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA.
Qualities & skills required:
- Able to demonstrate ability in undertaking the above responsibilities competently.
- Completion of RIBA Part-I & Part-II qualifications and working towards RIBA Part-III.
- Evidence of a good design understanding (e.g. through a portfolio).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team professionally.
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction.
- Ability to use a variety of media to develop and document a design project.
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working in Architecture and commitment to independent, lifelong learning.
- Evidence of the ability to understand design decisions taken by others.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate awareness of buildability, project budget and sustainable practice.
- Interests in both current design and historic discourse.
- Interests in use of materials, finishes and appropriate construction methods.
- Ability to use some of the following: AutoCad, 3DRhino, Google Chrome & Google Apps / Docs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop.
We accept the points above are varied and would expect the candidate to familiarise themselves with these to a good degree during a 6 month probationary period.
This description reflects the core activities of the role although there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Apply for Architectural Assistant (Experienced Part I, Part II or equivalent)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly