Classical Design Architect - Oxford
We are currently working with a top AJ100 practice that is currently recruiting for a Classical Design Architect to join its team in the Oxford office. If you have a passion for historic buildings then this could be the role for you.
Our client was founded in the 1940's and has grown to over 250 people across 11 UK offices. In this time, they have established themselves as an industry leader in planning advice, heritage consultancy, building surveying, conservation and contemporary architecture. Working with public bodies, charities, trusts, private companies, contractors, developers and individuals, this practice has been involved in the care and development of some of the best loved buildings and places in the UK and abroad. The practice provides sensitive restoration and repair schemes and modern design in historic contexts. Their bold and contemporary designs are spread across a variety of sectors including cultural, masterplanning, education, ecclesiastical, public, hospitality, residential and many more.
Role & Responsibilities
- Taking a lead role in the running of historic building projects
- Working on the production of designs in the classical style while incorporating elements of new build as required.
- Working as part of the team to find creative solutions to project issues
- Lead presentations to clients
- Attending external project meetings.
- Supporting junior members of the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III qualified with a minimum of 3 years working as an Architect in a UK based practice
- AABC or RIBA SCA/ CA accreditation is desirable
- High standard of aesthetic appreciation, interest and design ability
- An effective and thoughtful manager of projects and people
- The ability to take a strategic overview of complex design problems and devise elegant solutions
- An ability to listen and show team leadership skills
- Experience leading and contributing to the design of major projects
- Equally at home leading the creative process or contributing to wider team
- Able to receive feedback positively even if different to own views or ideas
- Effectively communicate at all levels (internal & external) and can lead major presentations
- Thorough understanding of architectural history
- Passionate about historic buildings.
What you get back
- Highly competitive salary fully dependent on level of experience
- Full time and permanent vacancy
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 30 days with service
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Eye care vouchers
- Optional healthcare cashback
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- TOIL system in place.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Classic design Architect - Oxford - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Job Ref:11384 )