Associate Architect - London
Seeking an Associate Architect with experience working on large-scale heritage projects, to join an AJ100 practice in South London and contribute to both the winning and running of hugely exciting, high profile projects.
Our client was founded in the 1940's and has grown to over 250 people across 11 UK offices. In this time, they have established themselves as an industry leader in planning advice, heritage consultancy, building surveying, conservation, and contemporary architecture. Working with public bodies, charities, trusts, private companies, contractors, developers and individuals, this practice has been involved in the care and development of some of the best loved buildings and places in the UK and abroad. The practice provides sensitive restoration and repair schemes and modern design in historic contexts. Their bold and contemporary designs are spread across a variety of sectors including cultural, masterplanning, education, ecclesiastical, public, hospitality, residential and many more.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to winning and leading of an exciting range of large-scale, high profile design and conservation projects (business development is an exciting part of this opportunity)
- Lead various project types including public buildings, cultural heritage assets, museums, and galleries, predominantly based within London and the UK
- Manage projects through from conception through to delivery
- Liaise regularly with clients and external consultants
- Help lead the London studio and manage a small team of Architects and Assistants
- Enthuse and inspire your team
- Report to the Regional Partner.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III qualified with a minimum of 5 years working as a Project Architect in a UK based practice
- Have an excellent design, technical and conservation skills and experience
- Proven experience working across all RIBA stages and managing a project through
- Experienced working on large-scale projects over £25m in value
- Demonstrate good client-facing communication skills
- AABC or RIBA SCA/ CA accreditation is desirable
- Proficiency in BIM/ Revit is an advantage
- Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized studio, business or team
- Project management experience
- A strong understanding of UK Building and Planning regulations
- Experience of taking responsibility for the financial success of projects, and strong commercial awareness
- Be well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
- Strong experience in business development and work winning, including bidding experience
- Excellent English, both written and verbal + eligible to work in the UK.
What you get back
- Highly competitive salary, fully dependent on level of experience
- Full time and permanent vacancy
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 30 days with service
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Eye care vouchers
- Optional healthcare cashback
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- TOIL system in place.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Associate Architect Jobs in London - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 11376)
Apply for Associate Architect - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly