Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £25,088 - £29,000 depending on experience (inclusive of London weighting)
Location: Homeworking (with potential return to our London HQ in due course)
Hours: 35 hours per week. 6-month fixed term contract
As we move towards a new year with renewed hope, the Membership Services team is preparing and planning for the 2021 membership year. These are still unprecedented times and we are looking for a proactive, quick-thinking and flexible Membership Advisor to work as part of an existing team of 10 to support all of its’ efforts.
Reporting to the Head of Membership Services, you will be supporting the department by taking on key duties to assist and encourage membership retention for the challenging year ahead. You will be a first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders when dealing with enquiries, either signposting or taking appropriate action. It is essential, therefore, that you have experience of the following;
- Experience of making and handling high levels of telephone calls
- Ability to manage relationships effectively and professionally
- Experience in a member/customer relations/service based environment (ideally where retention, engagement, loyalty and reactivation are important factors)
- Knowledge and understanding of managing members
- Experience of using CRMs to manage member records
- Administration experience including use of basic IT packages such as MSTeams, Word/Outlook/Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to work proactively
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and work proactively to develop new areas
You will be able to understand complex issues and themes. It would be preferable to have an understanding of membership organisations and architecture (but this is not essential).
The RIBA offers employees a range of staff benefits including 26.5 days of annual leave + half-day for Christmas shopping, paid closure between Christmas & New Year, season ticket loan and generous pension scheme. For more details on our benefits click here
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter using the form below (for this position, “Work Examples” are not required so please submit your CV or covering letter again in this field). Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Please read job description: Membership Advisor
Closing date: 25 November 2020 (Post may close early if high volume of applications received)
Interview date: TBC
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566