Philip Baston Architects is a small practice based in Whitstable, Kent. Established in 2016, the practice has developed a good reputation in the residential market for well considered design and delivery of services. The practice has seen a consistent period of growth and demand, and therefore is looking to employ our first part time member of staff to assist with further expansion.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Architectural Assistant or recently qualified Architect with a can-do attitude to provide support across all RIBA work stages. Duties will include assistance with dimensional surveys, option appraisals, planning applications and technical packages for private residential extensions.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- RIBA Part ii/iii qualified to a 2:1 minimum standard.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Have excellent AutoCAD, photoshop, sketchup experience.
- Experience in Indesign and 3d rendering packages beneficial.
- Have a good understanding of planning and building regulations for residential architecture.
- Have a good understanding of construction technologies for residential architecture.
The position is 15 hours a week with a flexible approach to working pattern subject to agreement, for a 6-month fixed term contract with the prospect to extend. The role will be homeworking with the opportunity to meet virtually for support and on occasion in person. The suitable candidate therefore needs to demonstrate a good ability to be self-directed and confident working independently. It is desirable that the candidate will live locally and has a device and software to undertake the role.
Please send CV and Portfolio to email@example.com together with salary expectation. If your portfolio is greater than 5MB please send via we-transfer.
Closing date 12 noon Monday 7th December 2020.
Strictly no agencies please.