Swap the city for open space, surfing beaches and Exmoor on your doorstep but keep expanding your job running skills on a diverse range of projects.
Come to North Devon, a beautiful part of the country to live, and join our small team of six architects, landscape architect and technicians in a practice that has been established 24 years. We are an open friendly office, keen to work on a variety of projects
We are looking for an ARB registered Architect capable of taking a project lead role on projects of a variety of scales. An interest in healthcare, education, bespoke housing and some conservation experience would be helpful. Our website gives an idea of the range and scale of our work: www.davidwilsonpartnership.co.uk
This is the chance to come into the practice and assist it to grow and flourish, building on client relationships which have been carefully built up to date, as well as pursuing new work. Over time there is opportunity to grow in role and responsibility within the practice.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be expected to work at all stages of the design and construction process including contract administration, so if you are an enthusiastic and professional individual committed to sustainable design then you should join our team to work on our expanding portfolio of projects.
We are responding to Government Covid 19 advice home and so the ability to work from home on a part time basis is essential. We are regularly reviewing our working arrangements to ensure that all employees can work in a safe environment.
Skills and Experience
- We utilise Vector works and need a degree of CAD and digital literacy
- Specification writing experience utilising nbs software
- We are looking for someone with at least two years post qualification experience , who has successfully administered their first contracts on site
- We are seeking someone with familiarity with UK Planning and Building Control legislation and a sensitivity to working within protected environments and with heritage assets
- We need someone who is confident to manage their own workload with minimal support
Due to the location you would require your own transport.
What you get back
- A competitive salary between £28-32,000 per annum
- Christmas shutdown
- Ability to negotiate flexible working
- Client contact and a full involvement in the running of projects
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio, via RIBA website
No agencies please.
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly