Technical Support Supervisor - £40k+ Package
- Full Time
Technical Support Supervisor -£40k+ Package
(Plumbing & Heating / Mechanical)
Your role is to offer technical assistance and guidance to the Dwelling Team, whilst managing and supervising the operatives under your remit. The role requires a good knowledge of building maintenance services/engineering associated with repairs and installation works, as well as experience within social housing contracts and construction or building services industry.
The role will be primarily office-based but with a requirement to visit sites, to inspect quality of work carried out by operatives, ensuring all relevant standards and contractual obligations are met.
- Performance manage operatives to maximise efficiency.
- Responsibility for the issuance of the van stock and requesting reports on use to analyse demand and trends to alter/revise the stock requirements and levels
- Offer technical support to operatives and assist the Dwelling Team with capacity, resource allocation and requirements, ensuring that the operatives remain productive without overstretching and effecting performance.
- Analysis of performance statistics examine reports and investigate failures.
- Reduce non-conformities, increase our customer satisfaction and 1st time fix rate.
- Analyse post inspections to the contractual requirements, report on findings, and investigate/ resolve negative reports and failures.
- Liaise with purchasing to produce reports of high value material orders and examine the works to validate and produce chargeable orders where necessary.
- Handling stage 2 complaints as per company procedure and maintain records for performance monitoring.
- Production costs and quotes for jobs where required using the company's IT system and following contractual procedure and requirements.
- 'Multiple visits' jobs are to be thoroughly examined and investigations carried out to analyse issues and offer reports on the findings.
- Carry out trend analysis of the engineers and determine their most suitable roles within the team.
- Carry out regular toolbox talks and issue regular performance reports whilst offering incentives to the team and individuals to promote success.
- You will attend to site in emergency situations to offer support and report back to management and the team.
- Follow the framework of performance management and monitoring, championing best practice and a high-level performance culture throughout the Company
Knowledge Skills and experience
- Hold current ACS Qualifications. 5 years + experience in a similar role.
- Level 3 (or higher) qualification in Building Services-related area.
- Domestic Installer Part P qualified (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical components associated with repairs and installation works.
- Knowledge of construction or building services sector.
- Experience of working in a supervisory role with an M&E-based advisory capacity.
- Experience in working to deadlines in a busy office environment.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with people in a variety of circumstances and from various backgrounds.
- Possess a thorough, organised and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Able to plan, prioritise, and coordinate, multi-task and complete work assignments within deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a flexible approach to working with others.
- Ability to work under pressure
- The ability to work in a team as well as on your own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive 'Can Do' attitude
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, please contact Abi Macnamara at Penguin Recruitment on 07387357203
Apply for Technical Support Supervisor - £40k+ Package
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly