Geotechnical Engineer - Wakefield
Geotechnical Engineer - Wakefield - £negotiable
This client is a well-established, award winning consultancy with offices across the UK covering all things geotechnical with their highly experienced teams and in house laboratories.
My client works on a large variety of projects including; flood relief, costal stability, earth works management, desk study and new housing developments. The team are growing in numbers resulting from their expanding portfolio and client base as they pride themselves on their complete site investigation service.
You will be joining a friendly and dynamic team consisting of recent graduates to highly skilled and experienced technicians who all encourage a supportive and progressive working environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Completing both field and office based projects to a high standard
- Supervision of construction works
- Preparing Phase 1 and 2 geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation reports
- Carrying out detailed quantitative risk assessments
- Liaising and reporting to more senior staff members
- Offering technical advice
- Ensuring compliance of deliverables e.g. RAMS/CPP, fieldworks, testing and reports
Needed qualifications and experience:
- Relevant in degree e.g Civil Engineering
- Relevant MSc e.g geography
- Working towards chartership with the Geological Society or Institution of Civil Engineers
- Ability to work as a team player with good communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to travel to different sites
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If this position sounds of interest, please contact Beth Cook at Penguin Recruitment on: 07753661852 for a confidential chat or alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.