Urban Designer - Hampshire
The practice focuses on large scale residential and mixed-use schemes. Due to a number of new developments they require an Urban designer to join its team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work on projects from the initial concept to delivery
- Contribute to the design process through creative thinking and concept development
- Working on planning applications of housing-led developments of 200 to 3000 units
- Working on masterplan drawing design strategies and to detailed illustrations to support design principles
- Support the production of comprehensive design and access statements
- Day to day running of jobs including liaising with colleagues and managing junior members of teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- A qualification in Urban Design
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working on UK residential projects
- Ability to conduct site, context and character appraisals and analysis to inform the design
- Production of masterplan drawings, design strategies and illustrations to support design principles
- Awareness of market requirements and development economics
- Good attention to detail and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Experience and understanding of community engagement
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Ability to work in a team or independently when required.
What you get back
- Payment of professional memberships
- Free on-site parking.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Urban designer Job in Romsey - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Job Ref: 11213)