The position for Project Architect has become available in the Kent office on an AJtop100 practice and will see you working across a range of education projects.
Established over 30 years ago, my client is an AJTop50 practice based in Kent and have worked throughout this time to establish a dynamic team of Architects, Technologists, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Interior Designers with the sole goal of designing and delivering quality buildings. The firm has built a diverse portfolio of work in a range of project sectors including education, mixed-use, commercial, residential and retail; and due to continued success and organic growth of the studio, they are now seeking to recruit a talented and ambitious Project Architect as part their long-term, strategic planning and continued success.
Role & Responsibilities
- To work directly with the Project Director or Associate Director on the design and development of projects from concept stage through to completion of a project.
- The role will be as an Architect leading an “in house” team of architectural staff and an external Design Team comprising Sub Consultants for large education and commercial schemes.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years relevant UK experience and post-Part III qualification
- Previous experience working as in a project lead role
- Strong presentation and communication skills with demonstrable client-facing experience
- The ability to lead new projects from concept to completion
- Capable of developing innovative and high-quality design solutions
- Good working knowledge of building systems, regulations and construction types is essential for this role.
- Good working knowledge of BIM/ArchiCAD would be desirable but is not essential.
What you get back
- Salary offered between £38,000 – £42,500
- Medical Insurance, Health Cover and Life Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday in addition to public holidays (plus 3 additional days on 5 years’ service)
- Charity and fundraising events, Yoga classes and social events throughout the year.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.