Lead Project Architect
Seeking a project running Architect with a passion for high-end residential (London based) projects and luxurious bespoke finishes, to join my client and lead a £7m West London project.
With their offices currently based in the beautiful borough of Chelsea, my client’s team is comprised of 13 staff. The practice has been established for over 14 years and has grown organically over this time. Due to relocate their office to a contemporary site, designed by themselves in Clapham this summer, the practice has room for further growth of up to 20 staff.
Both a RIBA Chartered practice and a BIID member, they offer an array of multidisciplinary services, including; architectural design, interior design and property management. Their portfolio predominately consists of high-end residences in prime areas of London, such as Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster and project values vary from £2m – £7m.
Role & Responsibilities
- Run a high-end residential project with an assigned buddy from conception through to completion, with full job running responsibilities
- It is likely that you will be assigned to lead a £7m West London based residential project upon joining
- Following this you will typically work on bespoke high spec projects in prime London locations, valued £1m – £10m
- Use AutoCAD and MAC on a daily basis
- Manage and guide more junior team members
- Meet face to face with clients on a regular basis
- Site visits
- Be involved in the running of system standards for the practice and NBS
- Report to the Directors on project progress.
Required Skills & Experience
- A fully qualified Part III Architect
- Demonstrable experience of running a project through all RIBA stages is key for this appointment
- Strong technical knowledge and interior architecture skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working on high-end residences valued £1m- £10m, ideally within the RBKC boroughs of London
- You must have experience working on internal refurbishments of residential properties and be experienced working on bespoke details for these types of projects
- Confident managing your own project alongside your assigned buddy
- Experience and confidence being client facing
- A fluent user of AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp
- A passion for high-end residential projects and passionate about pursuing a career in this sector
- A good understanding of UK building regulations and NBS specification
- A passion for bespoke design solutions
- Ideally you will have already worked for a small/medium sized practice
- Looking to take on a leadership role and commit yourself within a practice that will progress you to senior appointment
- Fantastic written and verbal English.
What you get back
- Salary of £50,000
- Working hours 9 am – 6 pm with flexibility available
- Breakfast club Thursdays
- Workplace pension
- Regular socials, team lunches and yearly parties.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Lead Project Architect Job in London – Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Jennifer Driscoll Job Ref: 11144)