We have a new role for an Architectural Technician to join a sustainability-focused construction specialist in it’s Suffolk office.
Working as part of the design team, under the leadership of the Design Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the Architects, specialist consultants and BIM design specialists to perform a variety of tasks, predominantly in the pre-construction phase of projects.
The company is an award-winning developer who specialise in the off-site manufacturing of sustainable and energy-efficient education and residential buildings.
Due to plans for expansion, they are looking to employ an Architectural Technician to join their growing design team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Design Manager, liaise with internal and external customers, end-users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design
- Assist on all stages of the new product design process to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants and internal design team members.
- Providing expert technical advice, maintaining a consistent link to the end-users, clients and statutory bodies
- Identify and manage risks identifying design solutions to eliminate, reduce or control risks during the construction and final operation of the building
- Liaise with internal and external clients, end-users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through all stages of design.
- Participate actively design team meetings
- Comply with the processes stipulated under the company’s BOPAS and other Quality Assurance Processes, liaising with all relevant bodies as required
- Work with internal and external designers to discharge any conditions or approvals.
- Provide information and support to achieve/maintain BOPAS or other accreditation scheme compliance
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the company’s BIM Protocols
Required Skills & Experience
- Recognised architectural degree or ONC/HNC in Building Studies
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience working on either educational or residential building projects
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and BOPAS accreditation scheme
- Ability to travel if required (full UK driving licence)
Experience in the design of sustainable, carbon neutral, energy efficient buildings would be highly desirable, but not essential.
What you get back
- Salary: £25,000 – £34,000
- 37.5 hour working week – Standard working day of 9.00am – 5.00pm