Technical Performance Manager – Architectural
This is an exciting role available in the Technical Standards and Building Information Modelling Team within the Estates Directorate in the Ministry of Justice.
The Technical Standards and BIM Team ensure that all new build and refurbishment construction projects conform with Health, Safety, Security and Legislative requirements that are not mandated elsewhere or where our specific build type has a slightly different requirement. We liaise closely with the business to ensure our standards are appropriate and up to date. We provide advice and guidance at all stages of the estates life cycle.
The successful implementation of digital construction including Building Information Modelling (BIM) is critical as part of the Cabinet Office’s implementation of Government Construction Strategy. As a pathfinder organisation, the development of digital construction capability is highly visible at Cabinet Office level and informs the digital construction and BIM strategy of other Government and non-government organisations.
The role is with a team currently based in 10 South Colonnades, Canary Wharf and the successful candidate would be expected to work in the London office at least 2/3 days per week. Travel to sites throughout England and Wales will also be required.
Summary of Role:
The Technical Performance Manager – Architectural, takes the lead in Architectural issues. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Represent Shared Estate interests and support other Government departments on cross-Government working groups
- Deliver projects to maintain and develop the BIM technical standards library, aiming at continuous improvement in construction standards
- Draft reports and papers on architectural issues, updating and writing Technical Specifications and Design Guidance.
- Dealing with queries on Technical Specifications and Design Guidance from any source, including supply chain, manufacturers, members of the public, lawyers, etc.
- Deliver Government Soft Landings interventions and Post Occupation Evaluation reports
- Manage construction technical enquiries put to the Technical Standards Team
- Contribute to advice, guidance and support on construction technical standards matters across the Shared Estate and to other Government departments (OGDs).
For more details and to apply visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/recruitment follow the link ‘Apply for a Job’ and search reference 30282.
Closing date: 31 March 2020.