Internal Communications Officer
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £30,000-£33,000 depending on experience
Location: London, 76 Portland Place
Hours: 35 hours per week, 12-month fixed term contract. Flexible working options considered
This is an exciting time to join the RIBA as we continue to transform our organisation and ensure we’re in the best shape to support our architect members and champion public engagement with architecture now and for the future.
You will work collaboratively with key colleagues and departments across the organisation and support the Internal Communications Manager in developing our channels and communications to engage employees and build a culture of motivated people that contribute to a strong, high performing organisation.
An experienced communicator you will be a champion of people with a background in internal communications, employee engagement, public relations and/or marketing. You are a digital-native with excellent writing skills, a creative eye, attention to detail and experience in coordinating events, managing projects and evaluating activity to drive continuous improvement.
This busy, hands-on role requires someone who can build relationships quickly with stakeholders at all levels, balance multiple projects, manage a variety of communications channels (online and offline), communicate change, demonstrate sensitivity when confidential or complex matters arise, challenge the status quo and drive initiatives forward with positive energy.
This role will provide the opportunity to work on some big projects that will expand your skills across digital, creative, people, communications, operations and leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering regular and essential internal communications to staff through a variety of channels including a monthly staff newsletter and features, internal screens, all staff emails, intranet posts, posters, internal briefing sessions, surveys, live stream webinars and events.
- Producing creative and engaging internal communications content to keep our employees informed and inspired.
- Coordinating and promoting internal events such as all staff meetings, Coffee and Learns, RIBA staff rep initiatives, training/demos and other staff engagement activities across our UK offices.
- Providing support and expertise to colleagues on the best approaches to internal communications and working with external-facing communications teams to ensure internal and external messaging is joined up.
- Liaising with senior colleagues to provide support with leadership communications and RIBA Staff Representatives as a key channel for two-way employee communication and feedback.
- Coordinating internal communications for some of RIBA’s key projects related to the transformation of our organisation and membership growth.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of channels and campaigns to inform improvements and leading the evolution of RIBA’s new Digital Workspace (staff intranet).
If you’re keen for a new challenge within an organisation on a transformation journey, we’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a CV, covering letter, a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and Applicant’s statement to email@example.com
Please read job description: Internal Communications Officer
Closing date: Wednesday 20 November 2019
Interview date: Early December 2019
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.