Architectural Technologist - Cardiff
A prestigious architectural practice based in Cardiff is seeking an Architectural Technologist with a passion for heritage architecture and experience in traditional detailing to work across a broad range of projects within a talented team.
The practice was established over 20 years ago and boasts an enthusiastic team with specialist expertise across conservation, education, community, leisure and residential.
They are passionate about providing architectural design services from inception to construction for new buildings in sensitive settings, including historic, social and environmental.
Due to the growth of their team and new projects, they are looking for an enthusiastic Architectural Technologist to join the Cardiff based practice.
Role & Responsibilities
- Preparation of building regulations documentation, tender information and construction documentation (NBS and drawings)
- Use Vectorworks to a high standard on a daily basis
- To communicate and meet regularly with Clients and Contractors
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Can competently work to deadlines and within project specifics
- Preparation of detailed design and technical information
- Have an interest in traditional or classical architecture is preferred, but experience is not essential.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years post-graduation experience and ideally chartered, or in progress with chartership (CIAT)
- Knowledge and experience with traditional building construction
- Strong use of Vectorworks, photoshop and Apple Mac
- Understanding of BIM and able to write reports using NBS software
- Good construction knowledge, and familiar with managing traditional contracts throughout all stages of a projects
- Good communication and fluent written skills in the Welsh language would be advantageous
- A full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
What you get back
- Salary commensurate with experience and RIBA guidelines
- Paid professional memberships
- 37.5 working week, with no expectation for overtime
- A commitment to develop your personal and professional skills
- A package of benefits that increases annually with length of service.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Architectural Technologist Job in Cardiff - Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Miranda Job Ref: 10701)