Architect Or Project Architect - Cardiff
An award winning RIBA practice with a strong reputation for conservation architecture is looking for a suitable experienced Architect or Project Architect to join the growing team in Cardiff.
The practice was established over 20 years ago and boasts an enthusiastic team with specialist expertise across conservation, education, community, leisure and residential.
They are passionate about providing architectural design services from inception to construction for new buildings in sensitive settings, including historic, social and environmental.
Due to the growth of their team and new projects, they are looking for an Architect or Project Architect to join the Cardiff based practice.
Role & Responsibilities
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Can competently work to deadlines and within project specifics
- Preparation of detailed design and technical information
- Work through all RIBA stages from concept design through to project completion
- Use Vectorworks to a high standard on a daily basis
- Communicate and meet regularly with Clients and Contractors
- You will have an interest in contributing to the success and effective running of the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years post RIBA part 3 qualification
- Strong experience using Vectorworks, photoshop and Apple Mac,
- Understanding of BIM and able to write reports using NBS software
- Good construction knowledge, and familiar with managing traditional contracts throughout all stages of a projects
- An understanding of UK local Authority planning processes, particularly with regard to historic buildings
- Good communication and fluent written skills in the Welsh language would be advantageous
- A full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
What you get back
- Salary commensurate with experience and RIBA guidelines
- Paid professional memberships
- 37.5 working week, with no expectation for overtime
- A commitment to develop your personal and professional skills;
- A package of benefits that increases annually and to reflect individual's length of service.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Architect or Project Architect job in Cardiff- Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Miranda Job Ref: 10699)
Apply for Architect Or Project Architect - Cardiff
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly