Project Running Architect (Listed Buildings)
An opportunity is now available for a Project Running Architect with extensive site and delivery experience, to join a small design led team in a South East London office. You will have the opportunity to manage a variety of projects across several sectors, from conception through to completion.
A multidisciplinary practice is looking for a Project Running Architect, to join their team of 6 on a permanent basis. My client has a hugely varied portfolio and current live projects include; two hotel projects in Germany and London, the full refurbishment of a grade listed public building in London and two new build houses in London and Birmingham. The successful candidate will be working with some of their key clients and you will be immersed into all project stages, therefore all applicants must have the ability to thrive as part of a small team and have project running experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take a lead on a variety of project types including hospitality, public and residential
- Work through all RIBA stages from concept design through to project completion
- Use Vectorworks to a high standard on a daily basis
- Over see more junior team members
- Report to the Directors on progress of projects
- Communicate and meet regularly with Clients and Contractors
- You will help shape the way the studio grows and become a driving force within the company, acting as an inspirational figure and mentor to more junior staff.
Required Skills & Experience
- An ARB registered, fully qualified Architect, with a minimum of 3 years UK PQE
- Experienced working on UK grade listed/refurbishment projects
- Fluency in Vectorworks, SketchUp and Adobe Suite is essential
- Comfortable working on Apple Mac OS on Apple hardware
- A minimum of 3 years on site experience and evidence of delivering projects through to completion
- Experience in creating tender packages, construction documents and writing NBS specifications
- Able to run a project through all RIBA stages and deliver projects to the client’s design and cost
- Excellent drafting skills and hand sketching ability
- Confident liaising with Clients, Consultants, Contractors and Local Authorities
- A keen eye for detail with a meticulous and innovative approach to design
- A good knowledge of UK building regulations with thorough experience in construction + detailing
- Able to lead and motivate a small team, acting as lead designer with project management responsibilities
- Fantastic English, both written and verbal and eligible to work in the UK.
What you get back
- Salary £37,000 - £42,000
- Working hours: 9am - 6pm
- Holidays: 28 days + Christmas shutdown
- A cool industrial open space office, with lots of surrounding restaurants and bars.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Architect Job in London – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Jennifer Driscoll Job Ref:10686)