4 days left
- Full Time
We have immediate vacancy for a Project Architect. Must be a minimum of 5 years post RIBA part 3 qualification and be familiar with managing traditional contracts throughout all stages of a projects development.
Experience of working directly with clients and consultants is essential, as is the capability of leading a design team from concept to completion.
We would also invite recently qualified Architects to apply (Post RIBA part 3 qualified, with strong design and presentation skills).
We are looking for confident, talented and ambitious individuals who can work both independently and as part of our current team. An interest in the conservation of historic buildings is desirable, as is an interest in contributing to the effective running of the business being desirable. Our Studio is based in Cardiff, our prestigious projects being within a 200 mile radius. A full driving licence and use of a car is consequently essential.
- Positive attitude and a sense of humour;
- A good communicator with fluent written and spoken English. Similar skills in the language of Welsh would be a significant advantage;
- Able to work to deadlines and within project specifics;
- Able to produce detailed design and technical information.
- Conceptually creative with good construction knowledge;
- Experience of working across RIBA stages 1-7 and reporting on progress;
- An understanding of UK local Authority planning processes, particularly with regard to historic buildings;
- An understanding of construction site work;
- Report writing, including the development of NBS based specifications and tender documentation;
- An Apple Mac user and using associated software;
- Understanding of BIM;
- Experience of using Pages, Photoshop and MS Office;
- Experience of using Vectorworks (or a willingness to learn).
What You Get Back:
- Salary commensurate with experience (including payment of professional registration fees);
- Full time, permanent employment and 37.5 working week. We do not expect our staff to generally work overtime;
- A commitment to develop your personal and professional skills;
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- A package of benefits that increases annually and to reflect individual’s length of service.
Applications should be submitted by the end of November to the Office Manager ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following:
- A CV of no more than two sides of A4;
- A maximum of 6 x A3 portfolio drawings demonstrating how you meet the above criteria;
References will be requested before any offer of employment is made.
Davies Sutton Architects is an equal opportunities employer. In accordance with GDPR, by applying for this position you give us your consent to process your data in line with our Privacy and Data Protection Policies
We offer a flexible working environment with development and support to help grow your career within the practice,
Our ethos is believing in our staff to drive things forward professionally, Davies Sutton, ‘Design with Beauty, ‘Build in Truth’
Apply for Project Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly