Ambitious Dynamic RIBA Part 3 Senior Architect Required For Residential Design Practice Undertaking Projects Throughout London and the South East
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our current marketing focus and client base you must be based in London/Kent.
Please confirm your address when submitting your CV.
We are an RIBA chartered architectural practice currently experiencing exponential growth in the residential design sector throughout London. Based in Erith, Kent we will soon be one of the largest specialist home designers in the South East. We specialize in home extensions/conversions and new build luxury homes throughout London. Our business is set to grow further with the launch of our new luxury brand The Architects Of London which will focus on high end residential refurbishment, conversions and extensions in West London. Depending on the early success of this brand a likely office move next year to central London will allow us to add more west London properties to our portfolio.
We have an ambitious strategy for further growth across London and the South East for both the Bluelime and The Architects Of London brands and need to build our teams to facilitate this growth.
We are looking for a particularly special kind of person to come on board with us at this early exponential growth stage. That person needs to have the aspiration and desire to go the extra mile where we can develop a role around their skill sets.
This is a permanent role where you will be based full time in our Head Office in Erith and can benefit from face to face dialogue and support from the rest of the design team and our resident full time Structural Engineer and Construction Director.
This is a client facing role. Customer focus and great service are key attributes that are absolutely fundamental to the role. You will have considerable customer contact therefore you must possess the confidence and ability to create and maintain a great working relationship with our clients. Much of our current success is down to the likability and trust factor. You must possess these abilities.
You will have a distinct advantage if you have current working relationships with Londons top end property owners/developers such as Cadogan Estates, Portland Estates etc. and if you are in a position to help grow our business with these potential clients and other high end west London developers.
If you are an aspiring, ambitious Architect, Senior Architect, Architect Director or Practice Director looking for a break-through opportunity that will be interesting, varied and challenging then this is the role for you. This is your chance to shine and set your design creativity loose on some of the amazing residential properties we work on. It is also your opportunity to rise to the next level of progression in your career where you would be managing the operations of the Bluelime/The Architects Of London business.
If you have aspirations to excel in everything you do, progress within your career or are entrepreneurial in your thinking, you will have a distinct advantage. We are not looking for individuals who are happy with the status quo. We want people who are flexible, ambitious, and want to get on in life. For the highest performing Senior Architect with the right management and leadership skills there could be an opportunity to develop your career even further with managing the entire business as Operations Director which may come with profit share opportunity. The opportunities to progress within our business for the right individual are significant.
As part of the role and to maintain our RIBA chartered practice status you will be required to quality check and sign off designs carried out by our Designers and Structural Engineer. You will need to be pro-active in your management style by continually liaising with our service providers to ensure they are delivering a quality product by the agreed timescales promised to our clients. As our premium brand (The Architects Of London) grows it is likely you will directly oversee more of these higher end, more complex projects.
Your highest priority will be the operational management of the Bluelime Business profitably which will incorporate the operations of ‘The Architects of London’ brand. It will be important for you to submerge yourself in our design processes so you obtain a full and thorough understanding of how we design and so you can identify where improvements can be made. You will also be required to design and oversee some of our more challenging projects throughout London utilizing the resources we have in our business currently.
To excel in the role your sales ability, understanding of what is possible and how best to achieve what our clients want when extending or converting their homes is important.
You must be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills. As you will be liaising with our clients regularly, a good command of the English language is essential.
To do all this and as a minimum you must be proficient in AutoCAD Revit. You will possess a minimum of 3 years working experience of UK Building Regulations and Planning Regulations.
Preferably you will be RIBA Part 3 qualified.
- Leading the business and team forward as head of operations
- Office operational management
- Strategic planning to ensure business success
- Process improvement to improve service
- Motivate the team to achieve business goals
- Chair weekly and monthly coordination/planning meetings with the team to ensure everyone is aligned to achieve business goals and to use this forum to take on board team ideas and concerns they may have.
- Grow our business in the west London luxury residential sector by assisting our sales and marketing teams and using your property owner/developer contacts
- Complete designs for residential properties throughout the London using AutoCAD Revit
- Plan ahead and coordinate other designers, assistants and service providers
- Manage Designers and consultants including the critiquing of their surveys/designs to deliver all Bluelime/The Architects Of London projects to agreed time lines and quality and in line with all RIBA stage 1-7
- Manage the practice/business meeting profit and revenue expectations
- Client liaison delivering excellent customer service.
- Meeting with clients and contractors on site as necessary to support your design team.
- Producing fee quotes to secure future work
- Help the Sales and Marketing team grow both the Bluelime and The Architects of London brands
- Helping the rest of the team upskill on Revit and assist with library creation.
- Advising and instructing designers and sub contract designers when queries arise beyond their ability
- Responsibilities as set out under RIBA rules and regulations allowing us to maintain the RIBA chartered practice designation.
- Review our processes and design standards and implement improvements where necessary
- Assess current staff abilities, strengths, weaknesses, development requirements and take appropriate action
- Provide and maintain high standards of design, construction and contract management and support colleagues to maintain standards and ensure compliance
- Create and manage a design review process that ensures a consistent high level of design and service to our clients
- Identify/implement new business opportunities
- Good practice/business management skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD Revit
- Good design scheme presentation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Planning and coordination skills of other designers and consultants involved with the business
- Knowledge of structural design aspects so you can instruct and understand information provided by our Structural Engineer
- Problem solving on yours and others projects.
- Understanding of construction costs.
- Effective team player and people manager
- Proficient with all aspects of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Planning restrictions would be advantageous.
- Strong telephone, email and face-to-face communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Must demonstrate the drive and ambition to meet targets on a month by month basis.
- Must be able to get yourself to our offices in Erith at own cost
- Previous experience of running a design practice would be advantageous but not compulsory
After successfully completing your 3 month probationary period you will be permanently employed attracting a salary between £40000 - £50000 negotiable depending on experience.
If you are interested please get in touch and email us your CV.
You can find out more about us by visiting
Apply for Senior Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly