Middleweight/Experienced FF&E residential designer
Millier, an international interior architecture and design studio, are looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated, residential FF&E designer to join their growing team in Marylebone, London.
Millier is a dynamic studio which prides itself on being easy to work with, excellent attention to detail, interiors finished to the highest quality and sophisticated elegant design on prestigious luxury residential projects in Central London.
The ideal candidate will be expected to embrace and translate all aspects of an interior project from concept through to installation and completion. With the budget in mind, you will be expected to hold strong relationships with the rest of the team and suppliers, ensuring regular and open communication, to ensure that projects are run efficiently and to the highest standards.
You will need to be self-motivated, extremely organized and thorough, have good communication skills, manage project deadlines, and have an exceptional eye for design.
You should also be comfortable managing a project team with a junior member of staff, under the supervision of our Associate Interior Designer.
- Relevant qualification in Interior Design with min 3 years experience in residential/boutique luxury schemes
- Confident and articulate
- Organised and efficient
- Results focused and deadline driven with specific experience in managing installations.
- Enjoys working in a busy environment and being part of a team
- Self-motivated and creative
- Knowledge of products and materials, suppliers and design trends in the industry
- General knowledge of interior architecture with the ability to read and understand technical drawings including furniture shop drawings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good with budgeting and time management
- Experience in sourcing and procuring furniture & furnishings with a thorough knowledge of FF&E, particularly in reference to high-end residential
- Keep accurate and detailed specification and costing documentation
- Software proficiency in AutoCad, Photoshop, InDesign, Excel and Esti Mac
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Must also be a UK resident, eligible to work in the UK and in possession of a National Insurance number and GBP bank account
- Generally friendly and positive person who is easy to work with.
Salary will be determined by a candidate’s individual experience.
Job start date: Immediate
Applications: via email to email@example.com including CV, covering letter with salary expectation & portfolio of 3 case study projects - max 10Mb.