Project Architect & Architectural Assistant Part II required
Lawray architects is an award-winning design led practice with studios
in London, Cardiff and Wrexham. As an SME established in 1974 we have contributed to the success of many iconic and inspiring buildings and developments. Due to a recent increase & sustainable workload we require an experienced Part 2 or a recently qualified Part 3 Architect to join our team. If you are confident in dealings with client and contractors, have delivery experience in Prime residential and or educational sectors please apply to join our team.
As part of a small team we can offer diverse experience throughout a variety of sectors. You will develop your skills across all RIBA work stages, mentored by Chartered Senior Architects. Please see our website for further details of our ethos, experience and existing team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and develop conceptual design proposals under the direction of the Director
- Prepare presentation material, including 3D images for presentation to the client
- Prepare and develop tender and construction level information to meet the client’s brief as well as to meet Building regulations, Planning and the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to the client and the design team.
- Ability to nurture and maintain good professional relations with clients and consultants
- Ability to find the best solutions for complex technical problems and for complex challenges coming from the environment where the project takes place.
- Undertaking site visits to review progress and provide good technical solutions to issues that arise on site
Essential qualities & skills:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Fully proficient with Revit and AutoCAD
- Ability to demonstrate a technical understanding of how a building is put together.
- An awareness of the commercial factors affecting a project
- An ability to analyse challenges on a project and provide workable solutions
- Be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure and deliver co-ordinated drawing information and specifications on time and to a good quality.
- A good understanding of UK Building regulations as well as Lifetime Home, CDM, CfSH , BREEAM requirements
Desirable qualities & skills
- Evidence of the ability to understand design decisions taken by others
- An understanding of Business development by maintaining good relations with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Experience with 3D studio max, Rhino, InDesign and Photoshop.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your CV along with your salary expectation and availability
- Your portfolio/work samples
- Your cover letter illustrating why you would like to work with us.
We do not wish to employ a recruitment agency at this time, please respect this.