We have an exciting opportunity for a project running, ARB qualified architect to join an established North Devon Chartered practice with a growing workload of healthcare, education and bespoke house projects.This role is the chance for a Project architect to take the lead on a variety of interesting commisions and ensure their successful delivery. There is the chance have a meaningful role in the development of the practice and be part of its future.
We are based in Barnstaple, close to surfing beaches, attractive coastline and Exmoor- a great part of the country to live and raise a family. We have been established over twenty years and have many repeat clients in the community and commercial sectors.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication skills and commercial awareness to put together bids and win work
- Solid design skills based on awareness of context, and a commitment to place the clients needs at the centre of solutions.
- Sound technical background capable of managing the development of projects through all stages from inception to completion
- Sound knowledge of the UK Planning and Building Regulations system
- Experience of nbs specification writing
- Experience of programming workload and managing small teams
- The ability to administer contracts on site and deal with all aspects of contract administration
We support CPD for all staff and flexible working hours. We utilise Vectorworks and Sketchup.
The successful candidate will have at least 2-3 years post qualification experience. They will be self motivated and enthusiastic to take real leadershio in the management of the allocated projects and a willingness to take the practice forward & be fully involved in its evolution. We are looking for a team player who has an optimistic and entrepreneurial approach and a commitment to design quality to help us keep winning those awards.
Salary: In return for the right person we are prepared to offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
Applications: Please submit a cover letter indicating what made you apply and what you can bring to the practice, your CV, and a small selection of your work in PDF format by email (max 10MB) for the attention of Jenny Meredith, to firstname.lastname@example.org
David Wilson Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies please.
Apply for Architect,Devon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly