Cork is the second largest city in the Republic of Ireland. The 2016 census records the city’s population at 125,657, but following a boundary extension in 2019, it increased to c. 210,000. Rich in music, theatre and artistic culture, it is close to the coast, countryside and mountains, offering an opportunity for a very good work-life balance. It is very popular with young Europeans working in the IT, design and construction sectors.
KOBW Architects is a vibrant, established architectural practice in Cork City. We design and procure a great variety of educational and commercial buildings. We are seeking a competent architectural technologist to join our supportive and dedicated team. Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled and capable of developing building designs through construction to completion, in compliance with the planning and building regulations. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. They will be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of building types, of varying scale and complexity with innovative designs. Projects are at all stages, from concept design through to construction on site. The role offers opportunities to develop leadership and managerial skills in managing production information and its translation into high quality, finished buildings. We operate a collaborative teamwork approach to all projects, with the in-house team, the client, end-users, design and the construction teams, to design and procure fit-for purpose buildings to enhance daily life and work experiences.
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience
- Excellent detailing skills and technical ability
- Sound knowledge of the Planning and Building Regulations
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and dedicated work ethic
- Enjoy the challenges of a fast-paced, positive work environment
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Revit an advantage
As an Architectural Technologist, your core responsibilities will be
- Developing building designs in compliance with planning and building regulations.
- Working collaboratively within a team, including in-house colleagues, external design team consultants, client, end-user and construction teams.
- Preparing applications for planning and building regulation approval.
- Liaising with local authorities.
- Researching appropriate and innovative building materials, details and components.
- Producing and managing production information for tender.
Overseeing construction work on site, carrying out periodic inspections, completing reports, attending and recording site meetings, resolving construction details, assessing samples and contractor’s submittals, all to realise the concept design through to a completed, high quality building
Apply for Architectural Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly