ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER MID-LEVEL DUBAI
- Full Time
The Architectural Designer works closely with Senior Designer/Design Director on architectural and planning projects. You should have experience in construction documentation, are proficient in Revit, and enjoy working with a team of architects that bring design dreams to life. This is a good role for someone who is technically proficient and enjoys working with a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
You should be enthusiastic and skilled to generate and develop design ideas and solutions in a team environment. Design expression in both 2D and 3D is essential to be successful in this role and also the ability to follow the design progress through design development and documentation. The following responsibilities reflect the core activities of the role although there could be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create a variety of high quality exterior and interior architectural 3D models & renderings
- Working with Senior Designer /Design Director on conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production.
- Collaborate with teams on projects, including programming client needs, concept design, design development, and budget/schedule.
- Collaborate in cross office coordination with Senior Design teams located in Miami while working out of Dubai.
- Coordinate and take responsibility for junior designers work assigned.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project.
- Produce architectural drawings, review and revise files as noted.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Generating design product including sketches, story boards, modeling, and presentation documents.
- Prepare high quality design presentations.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Quality of design
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly
- Team Work / Collaboration
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Minimum 7 years experience in an Architectural or A&E consultancy
- Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter.
- Strong Revit experience, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Excel, Sketch Up, Rhino and other 3D sketch software, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Photo Shop, In-Design and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the design process and building codes.
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills.
- Ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Knowledge of the total project process from concept to delivery.
- Self-starters with good verbal and written communication skills in English.
VISIT US AT http://bit.ly/OBMIjobs For a full list of career opportunities at OBMI.