We are looking for a Senior Architect with a wealth of experience to join a growing construction consultancy based in Wolverhampton. The firm is offering excellent benefits and a wealth of interesting projects to get involved in.
This global firm has over 40 UK offices and is a growing company with over 5000 employees. Their aim is to design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. They have expertise across a broad range of project types and scales, and offer an integrated planning, design, technical and project management service to support and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.
Due to the growth of their residential team, our client is now looking for an experienced Senior Architect to join the Wolverhampton office.
Role & Responsibilities
- To produce Feasibility Schemes for a variety of developer-led clients whilst gaining an understanding of their individual aspirations
- To liaise with the necessary statutory bodies and stakeholders as required to ensure design concepts can be translated into workable development solutions
- To maximise land values through innovative design as well as monitor the progress of planning applications and the subsequent release of planning conditions
- Use your own initiative to engage directly with clients and planning authorities.
Required Skills & Experience
- ARB Registered and educated to degree level, ideally with an MA in Urban Design
- Have a minimum of 8 years experience designing residential layouts of varying sizes and experience working for a new build developer or Architects Practice
- Possess strong hand drawn sketch skills and the ability to produce quick and efficient hand drawn sketch feasibility layouts
- Demonstrable ability to prepare and submit Planning Applications and negotiating with Local Planning Authorities to ensure approval is obtained
- Strong knowledge of the Building Regulations
- A fluent working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential, InDesign and graphics knowledge is required and ability to produce presentation materials using Adobe Photoshop and SketchUp
- Capability to use Revit would be highly beneficial, but training will be provided.
What you get back
- Salary is offered up to £50,000
- Holidays of 24 days, plus bank holidays and the option to purchase an additional 5 days per year
- Paid professional memberships
- Share incentive sheme to purchase company shares which is matched by the company.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Architect job in Wolverhampton - Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Miranda Job Ref: 10539)