Senior/Project Architect in Corsham Wiltshire
BHP HARWOOD Architects is a well-established chartered practice looking for an enthusiastic Senior Architect/Project Architect to join their growing team. Working across two office locations, their work will focus mainly on the residential sector, ranging from bespoke houses for private clients to large scale developments for major PLC house builders. Other work will include projects in the commercial, education and healthcare sectors. The candidate will work within a team structure to advance project and business development.
The candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an Architect within a UK practice, with a full understanding of the UK’s planning policies and building regulations.
- ARB Registered Architect.
- AutoCAD or Revit proficiency to a good standard (ArchiCAD or Vectorworks could also be considered).
- Good technical knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work within tight programmes and deadlines.
- Excellent design skills, with strong conceptual flair
- Experience of work across all project stages, including delivery on site.
- Knowledge of the RIBA stages of work.
- Project running experience.
- Design Team leadership experience.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup software is preferable.
- Client facing experience is desirable although not essential.
- Experience within the residential sector is preferred.
The role will include:
- Leading projects which will be mainly, though not exclusively, residential.
- Assisting as team member on projects as necessary.
- Taking brief from clients and establishing design parameters.
- Developing well considered schemes taking into account technical constraints and urban design principles.
- Production of comprehensive design and access statements
- Dealing with all aspects of Planning Applications.
- Management and production of technical information packages.
Applicants should send their CV with samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
BHP HARWOOD Architects is an equal opportunities employer.