PLACE architects Ltd have a vacancy for a full time, permanent position in their architects’ studio in Cornwall. Commencement is anticipated to be in October 2019. Salary and conditions are to be agreed.
PLACE architects Ltd is an RIBA Chartered Practice based in Cornwall run by a director who is the sole shareholder. The firm are seeking to recruit an experienced Graphisoft ARCHICAD user to join their team.
You would join a team of architectural and non-architectural staff in their new open-plan studio space to help deliver the practice vision: architecture to create inspiring places for everyone. You would be expected to work as a team member or independently on a variety of architectural projects simultaneously, at different work stages. You would also be involved in group meetings to offer advice and experience to other staff, in addition to ad hoc pieces of work across the practice.
Your application should demonstrate the following skills and experience.
• Significant expertise in using Graphisoft ARCHICAD software;
• Understanding of BIM and working in a data sharing environment;
• Understanding of UK Building Regulations;
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines and within the resources available to each project;
• An engaging and collaborative working style together with adaptability. A successful candidate will demonstrate the skills to engage with a range of stakeholders across projects; and
• Genuine interest in contributing to the effective running of the business.
It is desirable that the successful candidate will bring:
- Evidence of architect registration, or qualifications in becoming an architect;
- An understanding of UK Local Authority planning processes;
- An understanding of construction site work;
- Membership of the RIBA.
PLACE is committed to providing equal opportunities. Applications are welcome from all, but we particularly encourage applications from all underrepresented groups. We are keen to continue to work towards a gender balance and to improve diversity in our staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted via email by the deadline of 5pm on Friday 27th September 2019. You will be required to submit the following:
• A CV of no more than two sides of A4;
• A supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4 setting out how you meet the essential criteria;
• No more than 6 portfolio drawings demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria;
• Details of two referees together with a brief statement of the capacity in which, and for how long, they have known you. (Referees will not be contacted before final interviews without your express permission.)
Applications that do not contain all of the above elements may not be progressed.
Please email your application to email@example.com
All applications will receive a response.