Experienced Architectural Technician
Are you an experienced Architectural Technician with high-end residential experience, looking to move away from a traditional architectural practice? If so, I am working with a hugely successful property management company in Belgravia London, that would like to hear from you.
With two London offices and almost 200 staff UK wide, my client is a hugely successful, family run property management company, that manages a large portfolio of high-end residential properties for their clients. Residence values and styles vary, but the quality of finish is kept to a high standard no matter the brief.
With rolling refurbishment programmes that include major and minor improvements and maintenance/upkeep, they now seek an experienced Architectural Technician to join a department of 15 and lead all technical aspects of projects. You will work alongside an Architect, a Building Service Manager, Surveyors, Project Managers and an Interior Designer to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard and on time.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Architect and members of the Building Services team with design, procurement and supervision of building work across a number of high-end residential projects
- Initially working on an extensive redevelopment of a large residence in Kensington, involving the creation of a new basement level, as well as considerable extensions at upper levels
- Develop concept designs to full working drawing packages suitable for tender and construction purposes, as well as providing coordination between elements / trades
- Carry out and draw site surveys
- Research construction methods, detailing and provide specification documentation for construction purposes
- Assist generally with site coordination, liaising with consultants and contractors as required
- Report to the Head of Building Services.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years' PQE experience within the UK, working on new build/refurbishment involving traditional construction detailing
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce relevant information in detail, for efficient use by the construction team
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- Ability to produce complex and bespoke details
- Comfortable working independently within a small team, but as part of a large multidisciplinary organisation
- Experience working on traditional building types and construction techniques for high-end residences
- Looking to commit yourself to your next role for the long run
- Fantastic English, both written and oral
What you get back
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 Fully dependent on experience
- Working hours 9.15 am - 5.45 pm (37.5-hour week)
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday + an extra day at Christmas
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- Bupa medical insurance after one year of service
- Life insurance (2 x your annual salary)
- Interest free season ticket loan
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.