Dual qualified Senior Landscape Architect and Urban Designer
Do you have a qualification in Landscape Architecture and Urban Design? Are you looking for a position where you can utilise your skills and knowledge in both fields? My client is an award winning practice ("Best Residential Planning Practice in Yorkshire") looking for a Dual qualified Senior Landscape Architect and Urban Designer based in Leeds.
My client is a large multi-disciplinary based in Leeds and over the last 30 years they have developed a highly experienced and successful team of 27 including urban designers, town planners, architects, masterplanners and landscape architects.
Their work focuses predominantly on masterplans and regeneration projects of varied scale, specialising in Land promotion from small sites through to large urban extensions and new settlements. Their client base includes both public and private sector landowners and developers throughout the North of England, the North West and the Midlands.
Due to their continuing success they are looking to recruit a creative Landscape Architect / Urban Designer to join their growing multi-disciplinary Land Promotion team. The role is available to principal and Associate levels with 10 years or more experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- To work as part of a creative team to deliver visions and advocacy documents, masterplans, landscape masterplans, development frameworks, regeneration strategies, detailed planning and design studies, and strategic engagement.
- You will be working predominatly on a large public realm masterplan requiring skilled knowledge of landscape planning.
Required Skills & Experience
- Preferably be dual qualified with a degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Town Planning with experience in Urban Design
- Have a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience
- Have a strong design background and excellent technical skills that enable you to communicate design ideas through a range of graphical styles and mediums including hand drawn graphics
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to tight deadlines
- Have an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Have good decision making skills and pragmatism
- An excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, AutoCAD and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Full UK driving license plus access to a car.
What you get back
- Salary of circa £40,000
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed dress code.
- Free teas, coffees and biscuits
- Free ice creams in summer
- Christmas party and Christmas bonus day leave with Secret Santa
- Leave increases the longer you are here (up to five days extra) with Shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Free car parking
- Countryside for running and walking at lunchtime
- Career progression opportunities
- Newly decorated offices
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- Bi-annual bonus scheme.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Dual qualified Senior Landscape Architect and Urban Designer - Leeds - Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Miranda Job Ref: 10499)