Experienced Project Architect
An opportunity is now available for an experienced, technically strong Project Architect, to join a friendly team of Architects and Designers in their SE London office. You will have the opportunity to manage a variety of projects across several sectors, from conception through to completion.
A multidisciplinary practice is looking for an experienced Project Architect, to join their close-knit team of 8 on a permanent basis. My client has a varied portfolio of projects and are currently working on hospitality, commercial, workplace and retail schemes. The successful candidate will be working with some of their key clients, immersing yourself on all project stages. All applicants must have the ability to thrive as part of a small team and have project running experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take a lead on a variety of hospitality, workplace and bespoke retail projects
- You may also work on residential schemes at some point
- Work through all RIBA stages from concept design through to project completion
- Use Vectorworks on a daily basis
- Over see more junior team members when required
- Report to the Directors on progress of projects
- Deal directly with clients and contractors.
Required Skills & Experience
- An ARB registered, Part III qualified Architect, with a minimum of 3 years UK PQE
- Fluency in Vectorworks, SketchUp and Adobe Suite. Experience using V-Ray is also desirable
- Able to run a project through all RIBA stages and deliver projects to the client's design and cost
- Creative, with excellent drafting skills and hand sketching ability
- Experience of liaising with Clients, Consultants, Contractors and Local Authorities
- A keen eye for detail with a meticulous and innovative approach to design
- On site experience and evidence of delivering projects through to completion
- A good knowledge of UK building regulations with thorough experience in construction + detailing
- Able to lead and motivate a small team, acting as lead designer with project management responsibilities
- Experience in creating tender packages, construction documents and writing NBS specifications
- The confidence to take a lead on project development, with the direction of the Directors
- Fantastic English, both written and verbal.
What you get back
- A competitive salary
- Working hours: 9am - 6pm
- Holidays: 28 days + Christmas shutdown.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Apply for Experienced Project Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly