Heritage Consultant - Cambridge/ Colchester / Norwich
We are looking for a dedicated, knowledgeable and capable Heritage Consultant to join our heritage consultancy team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the successful management and conservation of important heritage assets in the east of England and further afield. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual who can inspire creativity and confidence amongst clients, consultants and colleagues alike, delivering excellent advice, promoting Purcell and conservation, and contribute to the development of new business opportunities. We will consider both part time and full-time applicants.
Purcell is the largest conservation practice in the world and offers the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects from timber-framed farmhouses to national institutions. We take the best of the past and ensure it is passed on to future generations by making it used and loved in the present. You will have many opportunities to shape the future of heritage assets of all sizes and types.
Reporting to a designated line manager within the Heritage Consultancy East team, you will work as part of the regional team as well as the wider practice. You will be able to take responsibility for the successful management and efficient delivery of your project work , and where appropriate, managing contributions by other staff and sub-consultants. You will provide heritage advice and guidance, undertake research and assessment of buildings and sites within the historic environment, and compose and contribute to various reports such as Conservation Management Plans, Historic Buildings Appraisals and Impact Assessments. You will also prepare fee proposals and contribute to larger bids.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are vital, as is the ability to adapt to a variety of circumstances. A can-do attitude and an ability to engage creatively and originally in all aspects of the job are essential. Contributing to the practice and the promotion of good heritage conservation will extend beyond project work. A willingness to travel is essential as you will be supporting colleagues in our Colchester, Cambridge and Norwich studios.
- A skills base in Archaeology, History, Art History or relevant field is a must, with at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent skills and demonstrable experience of archival and desk-based research, on-site built fabric analysis and producing well-written reports.
- Experience of providing heritage advice.
- Experience of managing your own workload and running multiple simultaneous projects.
- Working knowledge of current English heritage legislation, policy and guidance.
- Membership(s) of professional institutions, such as the IHBC.
- A UK driving licence.
- Experience of preparing tenders and fee proposals.
- An ability to carry out desk-based archaeological assessments and use GIS.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Apply for Heritage Consultant - Cambridge/ Colchester / Norwich
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly